Why Not Griese?...Here's Why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Griese?...Here's Why

Originally posted by fin-atic
Hey Fiedler Hugger:

Those are weak. I laugh in the face of them.
Why???

The brilliant media said the same crap about Ricky. ANd they were wrong.

I have posted so many reasons of FACT of why Griese is statistically better, and has more talent. FACT not media fiction, not Denver fan rhetoric, not Fiedler Huggers whining and being homers.

Jay has not EVER in his six years in the league, three as a starter, been in the top 10 in any QB statisitcal category. NEVER!

Griese has set team record in completion % (yes over Elway), been to the Pro Bowl, and is in the top 10 in several categories every year. And he is still young.

In a Miami's system, and with a team that wants him, he would excel.

I'm not quite sure why you want to be an idiot here and attack me for relating some information, but so be it; if your simple mind can't deal with this on a rational basis, then toss names and throw a tantrum. Makes sense to me.

In response to you "Fiedler Hugger" comment, I'm not sure how you deduced that from my post as nowhere in this thread do I even mention Fiedler's name. Hmmm, I guess that makes me a "Fiedler Hugger" because I didn't take the time to bash him in my post. Dude, before you go shooting your mouth off (or keyboard) try reading what you're about to respond to first.

If you want to have a rational, intelligent, conversation about the merits or lack thereof of bringing Griese to the 'Fins fine, bring something other than moronic namecalling to table. Otherwise, as the saying goes, don't come unarmed to a battle of wits.

Expo, I think he was talking to D2k2.

Fiedler hugger? LMAO. This board is going to divide into factions before Fiedler's tenure as a Dolphin is over......

If so then I completely apoligize. I have 2K2 on my ignore list- actually, he is my ignore list- so I don't see the posts that he writes. I guess then the post would make more sense then since there was nothing "Fiedler Hugging" about this post.

Again, if the post was towards another that I didn't see, then I apologize and hope there aren't too many hard feelings. If not, wel...

I just figured the points made in this article were worth seeing by the "prime time" crowd so I'm shooting them back up to the top.

My posts are filled with facts and points. Name calling is reserved for the people who ignore them and attack me.

Fiedler has led in 1 very significant category the 3 years he's been a starter...

The W column...

Excellent Expo

Great post Expo. Solid reasoning is something mostly ignored on this board.

I don't want Griese because of his drinking and because I don't think he's that good.

He has some great weapons in Denver at RB and WR but he completely lost the confidence of his fellow players and the coaching staff. Also his production the last three years has fallen and he's a big reason why Denver has underachieved.

Why? He's not that good and he drinks too much.

But wouldn't he love South Beach? ;)

I can't see how Griese would improve the team, it would just create QB controversy.

Fielder didn't win those games. The team won those games.

Griese has a drinking problem?? Really?? All you guys who have had a few drinks are you also alcoholics? Anyone out there not party a little? Hmmm? Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone.
That doesn't mean the guy has a drinking problem. He likes to party a little so?

His production has gone down the last three years? he actually has been very consistant the last three years. He has been to the Pro Bowl. He has talent. Jay has none.

Just give him nice big hug!!!!

My posts are filled with facts and points. Name calling is reserved for the people who ignore them and attack me.

BS.....you've been quite anal retentive the past week and it's gone beyond annoying. Why not just change your name to KB21

Griese has a drinking problem?? Really?? All you guys who have had a few drinks are you also alcoholics? Anyone out there not party a little? Hmmm? Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone.
That doesn't mean the guy has a drinking problem. He likes to party a little so?

His production has gone down the last three years? he actually has been very consistant the last three years. He has been to the Pro Bowl. He has talent. Jay has none.

Let's see, four very well publicized alcohol related incidents and God knows how many private, and I'd certainly call that a drinking problem. You can talk all you want about Griese's merits on the field, but to say the guy doesn't have issues with the bottle is just being absurd and not facing your beloved facts. My thought here is that your vision is so clouded by hatred for Fiedler as the 'Fins QB you're willing to ignore the potential pitfalls of the other would be suitors out there just to get another body in Miami under center.

First off i would like to say hello to everyone.This is my first post,and im sure it will be the first of many.The last couple of years i have watched fiedler mature into a decent starter,but i must admit he is far from being a superbowl QB.Personally i dont think theres much more room to grow.He is in his 30's,he has average arm strength at best,and he lacks team leadership.On the bright side he does have a good head on his shoulders,and has the mobility i like in a QB.The main reason why i can deal with fiedler is his drive.He may not be the best out there,but he will give you everything he's got.I say there's no way you get rid of this guy unless theres a suitable replacement,and i think this is the year we can find one.Now im not saying we should cut him,im saying we should bring someone in to push for the starting spot.Personally im all for bringing in griese,and drafting a youngster.I think griese is prime for a change,and where better than the place his DADDY made the family name famous.If there ever was a draft to take a QB, then this is the one.I know we need alot of other help like OLB,OL,S,and WR but this crop of QB's is to good to pass up.Personally i think WR will be first priority in the draft,unless a stud OL,or QB falls to us.After that i think we could get a solid QB in the third Rd,like k.boller,or maybe even c.simms.Now i will get back to the main topic JAY.If you want to continue to have 10,or 11 win seasons with early trips home for the holidays,then keep things the way they are.If you want to get to the next level,then lets take a chance and bring someone in to either push JAY to play at a higher level,or out the door.IM EAGER TO HEAR YOU OPINIONS,PLEASE BE KIND.thanks LYNCHMOBB34.............

Well the QB is almost always playing a part in winning games. I bet you don't think Jay lead us to victory against Denver, the WRs and Mare did. Mare did seal the deal and won us the game, but he couldn't do it without Jay's magical comeback (on a broken thumb I may add)

Back
Top Bottom