Why Not Jason Campbell?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Jason Campbell??

Sagat_Igott

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sure, Smith and Rodgers are good picks, but say we trade down for a #1 and #2...we take OL, RB or WR #1 and #2 use it on J. Campbell out of Auburn? Guy has great arm and athletiscm and can run it....
If we picked up two #1's from say Dallas, I wouldn't mind using the later of the 2 on Campbell either.
What do you guys think??
I haven'theard anyone mention this guy yet on these boards!

Sagat_Igott said:
Sure, Smith and Rodgers are good picks, but say we trade down for a #1 and #2...we take OL, RB or WR #1 and #2 use it on J. Campbell out of Auburn? Guy has great arm and athletiscm and can run it....
If we picked up two #1's from say Dallas, I wouldn't mind using the later of the 2 on Campbell either.
What do you guys think??

Well he's been talked about, but yeah IF all of that happened I wouldn't mind drafting him.

For one thing, it's looking very much like GB will take Campbell at 24 (or wherever they are), and if not, then Cleveland will if they don't get Smith/Rodgers. That's why you haven't heard much about Campbell; because we're not likely going to get a chance to take him.

Dallas's later #1 would probably be a reach, IMHO. If we had that pick (somehow), a guy like Khalif Barnes or Alex Barron would be a much better use of it.

Hes mentioned all the time.

But a lot of things would have to happen for us to even consider taking him.

Its easy to say trade down, but it takes two teams to trade down. That, and we cant be sure if he would even be there with the picks that we aquired.

I don't see him as a reach in the late 1st round because he has as much potential as Smith or Rodgers except he lacked the opportunity with Brown and Williams in the backfield. Even with them he still put up good #'s in that system. You can't teach athletiscm and he has all the tools really. I would not mind that guy in Miami if we had a chance late first round early 2nd.

Sagat_Igott said:
What do you guys think??

I've been singing his praise on this board for weeks. Good to see someone else pick up on him...

Sagat_Igott said:
I don't see him as a reach in the late 1st round because he has as much potential as Smith or Rodgers except he lacked the opportunity with Brown and Williams in the backfield. Even with them he still put up good #'s in that system. You can't teach athletiscm and he has all the tools really. I would not mind that guy in Miami if we had a chance late first round early 2nd.

I wouldn't mind picking him late in round 1. But 20 is too high, given our other needs.

And, frankly, I think he benefitted A LOT from having the most talented Auburn team in 20 years around him. I'm also a little concerned that he was a 4-year starter who didn't do much until his senior year. He could easily be another Tony Banks.

phunwin said:
I wouldn't mind picking him late in round 1. But 20 is too high, given our other needs.

And, frankly, I think he benefitted A LOT from having the most talented Auburn team in 20 years around him. I'm also a little concerned that he was a 4-year starter who didn't do much until his senior year. He could easily be another Tony Banks.

Do you know of many qb's who didn't benefit from having a lot of talent around them? :shakeno:

Elway, champship when TD joins backfield. Rosthberger (sp), Bettis and Duce,
P. Manning,,when E. James joined, E. Smith did it for Troy A., R. Craig did it for Montana. D. Marino, no RB, no SB.

You could argue either way for campbell whether he benefited or he is just that good. I personally think the guy just has skillzzz.

MDFINFAN said:
Do you know of many qb's who didn't benefit from having a lot of talent around them? :shakeno:

P. Manning,,when E. James joined, E. Smith did it for Troy A., R. Craig did it for Montana. D. Marino, no RB, no SB.

Obviously. But my point is that Campbell really didn't impress me before that whole group came together. If he was a great draft prospect, why didn't he do much before his senior year?

I'm not against picking the guy at the end of round 1 or the start of round 2, but I'm just not as big on him.

MAAAAN! Do you guys even watch college football? Campbell fkin SUCKS!. First Round too??? Jesus Christ, Lets draft Jamar Fletcher in the 1st again.

The only thing I worry about Campell is that he turns out to be another Ray Lucas. Potential oozing out his earholes, but just couldn't put it together.

MDFINFAN said:

Brady, untill they got Dillon.

Back
Top Bottom