Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

Dont think you get anything more than a 3rd for Gesicki...
I don't really disagree. He is due for a new contract. But I still think trading him becomes the best option. I'd rather get a pick that can be used to fill another hole than have Gesicki go to waste here.

What type of draft pick do you think we could get for Gesicki if we drafted Pitts?

This is not a Gronk/Hernandez or Ertz/Goedert situation. Both Gesicki and Pitts are best when flexed out and neither is a solid in-line blocker. Those other combos had a guy that was very good/great in that aspect.

I'm not saying Pitts can't block but it's not one of his strengths. We all know Gesicki is terrible there. And we definitely don't want Pitts blocking more for the sake of Gesicki.

I don't see them fitting together at all. But Gesicki is still a very good TE simply due to his recieving ability. But I see no reason to keep him if we draft Pitts.

I agree w everyone that says Pitts is special. That's why I'm genuinely curious what compensation u guys think we could get in a Gesicki trade. You think we could add Pitts and use Gesicki to get a pick that could net us one of the 2nd tier of recievers?
He is in the last year of his contract, so you aren't going to get a high pick. When teams do that, it gives the player a lot of leverage in negotiating a new contract. The team is almost forced to pay top $ if they already have a high pick invested.

I don't really disagree. He is due for a new contract. But I still think trading him becomes the best option. I'd rather get a pick that can be used to fill another hole than have Gesicki go to waste here.
I wouldnt bat an eye if they traded anyone from the 2020 receiving group tbh... I think they're just that bad.

Back
Top Bottom