Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

A sure thing? Seriously?

No unbiased ppl thought that. They may have thought he had a chance to be very good. That's not the same thing. His size alone was reason enough for pause.
I think that's pretty revisionist. They'll say the same thing about Lawrence if he busts.

I think that's pretty revisionist. They'll say the same thing about Lawrence if he busts.
Revisionist?

I said the same thing before last year's draft, as did many others.

Yes, there were ppl who purported that he was "can't miss", but I have been pretty consistent in my position that there is no such thing.

The very term "can't miss prospect" is an oxymoron.

I’m hoping they have the nards to select this.

Kid is indeed impressive. And he has more "specialness" (rare qualities/attributes) than the top WRs IMO.

If he continues to develop physically and mentally he's going to be a MONSTER in the NFL.

At lease he has a legit chance.

Revisionist?

Yes, there were ppl who purported that he was "can't miss", but I have been pretty consistent in my position that there is no such thing.

Totally true!

BNF certified!

You score double!

Revisionist?

I don't disagree, but as far as prospect regard you couldn't get much higher than Tua or Lawrence.

Tank for Tua...

He's a TE, will never live up to the hype or that draft investment, let someone else draft Eric Ebron/OJ Howard/TJ Hockinson/ David Njoku 2.0 . We already have a deep threat TE in Gesicki. We need quick short throw guy who can run after the catch.
1. Most teams are grading his value as a WR, and they still have him top 10. His ability as a TE is a bonus at this point

2. you’ve never watched him play if you’re comparing Gesicki to him

If we were to draft Pitts we might end up with a guy who can rival Kelce in terms of production...I would be down with it but only by moving back and picking up additional picks. Queston remains whether we have a QB who can feed him the ball like Mahomes does?

Last edited:
1. Most teams are grading his value as a WR, and they still have him top 10. His ability as a TE is a bonus at this point

2. you’ve never watched him play if you’re comparing Gesicki to him

I didnt compare Gesicki to Pitts. I was saying that Gesicki is a pretty good receiving/seam threat/red zone TE target. But we have absolutely no one to play in the slot. We have big body WR's in Parker and Williams, thats 3 guys who are pretty good at 50/50 balls. Pitts is more or less the same type skill level in what he brings. We have absolutely no one to throw to underneath like a slot WR, a speed/quick WR to move the chains and can run after the catch.

Brian Baldinger on Joe Rose this morning....The Dolphins choice at #3 is Kyle Pitts or Jamar Chase.

More and more people are realizing Pitts is one of the few special players in this draft.
He may be right on the player preference but not at #3. This is all the more reason you move down to 6, 7 or 8. Look at the draft assets you can acquire and look at the selection of players you'll have at those picks. Even at 8, there's a good chance they have three receivers (including Pitts) to choose from. This has a chance to be a franchise altering draft for Miami if they play their cards right.

Seriously though that explosiveness off the line is what you see all the time in his tape, he's winning early in the route. Look at the speed at which he is still motoring long after the 20 too, that's a guy who can take the top off and he's classed as a TE :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom