Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

I don’t consider him just a TE. I consider him a pass catcher the same as Chase , Waddle and Smith. He may be a better pass catcher than those three.

With all the wide receiver depth in this draft, I can see taking him over one of the other three.

I don’t consider him just a TE. I consider him a pass catcher the same as Chase , Waddle and Smith. He may be a better pass catcher than those three.

With all the wide receiver depth in this draft, I can see taking him over one of the other three.
That could very well be. Just not at #3.

It depends on the spread between him and your next best guy. If you’re being offered a first rounder next year in a trade down that would be hard to pass up.
Absolutely. but if I’m stuck, I’m still getting my target

Kiper now has the Jets trading back to 4 and selecting Pitts. I once thought about trading back to 5/6 to grab him, but at this point 4/5 is the lowest I'd go. Colin Cowherd gushed about Pitts on his show saying that he could be the best TE in the league in his first two years. Is it blasphemy? Probably. But it goes to show that the Pitts hype train is gaining major steam, and it's all based off of tape. What happens when he starts blowing people away with his combine numbers?

Food for thought:

Why was Adam Shaheen extended, but Mike Gesicki wasn’t?
It's not a one way street. Maybe MG wants a shot at free agency. Maybe waiting for next year, when the cap is higher is in the best interests of one, or both sides. Maybe talks are ongoing.

Hard to read anything definitive.

He may be right on the player preference but not at #3. This is all the more reason you move down to 6, 7 or 8. Look at the draft assets you can acquire and look at the selection of players you'll have at those picks. Even at 8, there's a good chance they have three receivers (including Pitts) to choose from. This has a chance to be a franchise altering draft for Miami if they play their cards right.
I’m not disagreeing with your premise...however, it’s my belief that Pitts is the only rare ( all-time freak) player that catches balls in this draft.

I think if we let this opportunity slip away....we will once again look back with deep regret on not drafting this monster.

It’s similar to how I’m sure Jimmy Johnson felt when he chose a trade down over Randy Moss.

Reactions: A1.
I’m not disagreeing with your premise...however, it’s my belief that Pitts is the only rare ( all-time freak) player that catches balls in this draft.

I think if we let this opportunity slip away....we will once again look back with deep regret on not drafting this monster.

It’s similar to how I’m sure Jimmy Johnson felt when he chose a trade down over Randy Moss.
While I do not agree with your extremely high take on Pitts, I do see where you might be correct on this one.

I'll be honest, I'd be higher on Pitts if we didn't already have a TE who I am very high upon.

I disagree with you, but not to the point of pointing at you and laughing like I do at those who think Devonta Smith is worth taking @3.

I agree. I'd consider him a bigger wide receiver who can block better than most receivers.

He is pretty complete. Runs good routes, wins the 50/50's consistently, pretty fast, physical, good hands. I'm not sure how he ranks with Chase, Smith and Waddle or if Miami would view him as competition with Gesicki for playing time?

Another key reason I have him so high on my wish list. Pair Pitts with an Eskridge or Rodgers on day two and bring in a Dyami Brown, or Josh Imatorbhebhe in the late rounds and this receiving corps looks damn good, and you still have at least 2 premium picks to play with.

Another key reason I have him so high on my wish list. Pair Pitts with an Eskridge or Rodgers on day two and bring in a Dyami Brown, or Josh Imatorbhebhe in the late rounds and this receiving corps looks damn good, and you still have at least 2 premium picks to play with.
I hope our front office is thinking like you.

Back
Top Bottom