Why Not Sage??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Sage???

vt_dolfan

E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!
Reaction score
Whats goin on guys?? My first thread here, so bear with me. One thing has bothered me the last two years, and I was hoping you all had some ideas. Why arent the Fins giving Sage a chance to win the starting job. Since I am in Vermont, I cant see him in camp, but what I do see of him looks pretty good. Ive always heard good reports on him from camp. So whats goin on here? Im stumped with this one. Is Wanny that stubborn not to give him a chance? Im sick of Status Fiedler. Same old same old every year. So from you all that get to see him....tells me whats goin on!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The only serious chance to see what Sage could do in a real game was last year -the Jets game. Wanny was too concerned about getting to 10-6 though, so he went all out to win. Sage could have been thrown in and then we would have at least ONE game where he could have shown what he can do.

Obviously, nothing in training camp or preseason has impressed the FO or coachs enough to even make him the #2 QB.

I think Sage will be the #2 guy this year. Feeley is just so bad that even Wanny will see Sage is better. The only way this doesn't happen is if Feeley gets cut and they bring in someone else who beats out Sage. This won't happen though because of all the guaranteed money AJ got. So it is a pretty sure bet Sage will be 2nd string this year. Then if Jay gets hurt, which he usually does, Sage will get his shot

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
The only serious chance to see what Sage could do in a real game was last year -the Jets game. Wanny was too concerned about getting to 10-6 though, so he went all out to win. Sage could have been thrown in and then we would have at least ONE game where he could have shown what he can do.

Obviously, nothing in training camp or preseason has impressed the FO or coachs enough to even make him the #2 QB.

Actually he looked really good against the Titans when he drove the Fins down for their only TD.

since Sages get 90% of his work on the practice field and not on TV, we can only take the coaches word that he is the 3rd best QB on the roster. Feeley will be our starting QB (barring inujury) IMO. My top 2 reasons I feel this way is that he will be as good if not better than Jay and

Whether Feeley does it is important for Spielman. He gave up a second-round draft pick in 2005 and a $3 million signing bonus for Feeley, so Feeley's performance will be linked to Spielman's abilities as the top football decision-maker.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay01,0,2711596.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

and :welcome: a-board vt_dolfan :cooldude:

NCFINFAN38 said:
I think Sage will be the #2 guy this year. Feeley is just so bad that even Wanny will see Sage is better. The only way this doesn't happen is if Feeley gets cut and they bring in someone else who beats out Sage. This won't happen though because of all the guaranteed money AJ got. So it is a pretty sure bet Sage will be 2nd string this year. Then if Jay gets hurt, which he usually does, Sage will get his shot

The sky is falling,, must be that time of year AGAIN .....

How do YOU know that Feeley "is just so bad" ????????? :mad:

The guy hasn't even played in a scrimmage as of yet for the Dolphins !!!!

:goof:

:lol:

Marino1983

Why not Clint Stoener?

Probabaly because they have shown absolutely nothing to suggest that giving them a shot at being a starter is anything other then a waste of everyones time during minicamp?

NCFINFAN38 said:
Wow. didn't know you were part of the FO and had all this inside info. It's great to have a guy on the board who is such an insider.....I mean to know Feeley is that bad after ONE MINI CAMP practice. Great work. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I mean seriously, none of us know how bad or how good Feeley is or is gonna be. Let's just relax and wait and see what happens. Besides how much worse than Feidler can he be. I hope to God not much :lol:

dolphan39 said:
since Sages get 90% of his work on the practice field and not on TV, we can only take the coaches word that he is the 3rd best QB on the roster. Feeley will be our starting QB (barring inujury) IMO. My top 2 reasons I feel this way is that he will be as good if not better than Jay and

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay01,0,2711596.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

and :welcome: a-board vt_dolfan :cooldude:

It doesn't matter wether he starts or not.Bottom line Dave will make the call and I'll think he will make a fair choice base on performance not by the pricetag.We all know expectations are high on the team and I'm sure Dave will start the better QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, welcome aboard VT....I haven't been around very long but so far I love it. Good talks great debates, and when you disagree with someone you can have a good go at it and nobdy holds a grudge........right Jimmy James :D :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom