Why not Todd Bowles?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Todd Bowles??

I always liked him. That Jets position is always difficult. Wouldn’t be one of my top five candidates, though.

I would go offensive minded.

#1 target for me. Keeps our defense in the top ten, has respect to get a quality staff, has had championship success and more than likely has learned from his past. Just needs to be paired with a solid OC.

Last edited:
His coaching staff when he was the HC of the Jets was very ordinary at best. Bowles is a great DC but I just don’t know if he would be the right HC for a team that is looking to build their offense around Tua.

They should be looking to bring in an offensive minded HC who has a proven record of developing young QB’s.

One of my concerns is that fans
appear to anticipate that our defense will continue to perform at the same level it has these past couple of year with a new offensive minded coach on board. I doubt that and expect regression which circles back to Tua and can he pick up the difference with the regression of the defense. Probably need 10 more points a game next year.

No he’s already failed once
Bill Belichick got fired in Cleveland because his initial head coaching role was deemed a failure. Some coaches actually have the ability to learn from their errors and come back better when given the opportunity.
My bigger concern is the need for a really good Offensive mind to help develop Tua

Always liked Bowles. But like Spike want someone (HC or OC) that can work with Tua and improve our offense.

Well respected Coach that many in the NFL community felt got the short end of the stick when he was jettisoned from the Jets.

Outstanding coordinator (proven), and maybe ready to be a successful HC on a second go-round.

Familiarity with the organization and I'm sure he could assemble a staff better than Flores!
Brandon Flynn Ugh GIF by American High

He’d slide right in to run the defense but can he put together an offensive staff. It was Gailey and Fitz at his last head coach stop. We’ve seen that movie.

Well respected Coach that many in the NFL community felt got the short end of the stick when he was jettisoned from the Jets.

Outstanding coordinator (proven), and maybe ready to be a successful HC on a second go-round.

Familiarity with the organization and I'm sure he could assemble a staff better than Flores!
because we need our offense fixed and he won't do it

#1 target for me. Keeps our defense in the top ten, has respect to get a quality staff, has had championship success and more than likely has learned from his past. Just needs to be paired with a solid OC.
Don't know if he's even on the interview list. But good point about the D.

One of my concerns is that fans
appear to anticipate that our defense will continue to perform at the same level it has these past couple of year with a new offensive minded coach on board. I doubt that and expect regression which circles back to Tua and can he pick up the difference with the regression of the defense. Probably need 10 more points a game next year.
I fully expect that we will have a few less games where we send a quarterback like Ian Book back to college to finish his degree. But it's really not that hard to stay at the level we were at when we were facing better passers in this league. It really isn't.

I fully expect that we will have a few less games where we send a quarterback like Ian Book back to college to finish his degree. But it's really not that hard to stay at the level we were at when we were facing better passers in this league. It really isn't.
Provided we play like the last half of the season on defense instead of the first half of the season. That timeline coinsides with the rumors that Flores canceled his team meetings after the ThankGiving Breath with his assistants and took control. So I defer your assessment regarding our defensive talent might be true but the leadership driving that defense left the building. If Tua does not improve as needed and deliver there will be a tremendous amount of pressure on this organization about this move.

Provided we play like the last half of the season on defense instead of the first half of the season. That timeline coinsides with the rumors that Flores canceled his team meetings after the ThankGiving Breath with his assistants and took control. So I defer your assessment regarding our defensive talent might be true but the leadership driving that defense left the building. If Tua does not improve as needed and deliver there will be a tremendous amount of pressure on this organization about this move.
The last half of the season is almost entirely against the second rate guys I just mentioned.

That would be a lateral move going from Flo to Bowles. Both know defense but weak on offense

Back
Top Bottom