Why not Todd Bowles?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Todd Bowles??

1. He coaches defense and it seems that everyone is only considering an offensive coach

2. He already has been a head coach. Ignore that 8 of the last 10 super bowl winning coaches had already been fired from their first HC gig.

3. He was dumb enough to coach for the Jests. big red flag there.

I actually think he could be pretty good. The biggest question mark would be who he assembles on the offensive staff and he doesn't have a good track record there.

Because he is the most over rated over hired coach in the nfl. But don't fret. You are probably getting him or vance joseph.

Well respected Coach that many in the NFL community felt got the short end of the stick when he was jettisoned from the Jets.

Outstanding coordinator (proven), and maybe ready to be a successful HC on a second go-round.

Familiarity with the organization and I'm sure he could assemble a staff better than Flores!
Stop! Todd Bowles really?! Talk about grasping at straws. I don't want a retread who failed miserably with the Jests. He doesn't have the gravitas to be a Head Coach. He's a joke to Jests fans...don't want him here! Fins deserve better!

If he changes the spelling of his last name to "Bowels," I would consider it.

Still no, but I'd consider it.

Belichick failed in Cleveland and was fired.
And had he not bumbled into tom brady he would be a retired defensive coordinator. He wasnt meeting expectations in new england at the time and had a good qb. Fans and media were grumbling with cleveland all over again jabs. Then the torn liver and one skinny goofus walks on the field and changes bills fortunes. Tom just changed bill's life again. Wack Mack isn't handing cheatin' bill another dynasty.

His DC on the Jets was Kacy Rodgers and they are still together in Tampa. I have no issues there.

However after starting with Chan Gailey at OC he churned his OC every year
Kacy Rodgers was a great DL coach for Miami while he was here.

The last half of the season is almost entirely against the second rate guys I just mentioned.
And our defensive scheme returned to being much more aggressive and successful you may not have mentioned.

Well respected Coach that many in the NFL community felt got the short end of the stick when he was jettisoned from the Jets.

Outstanding coordinator (proven), and maybe ready to be a successful HC on a second go-round.

Familiarity with the organization and I'm sure he could assemble a staff better than Flores!
I’d rather have Mike McDaniel, Brian Daboll, or Dan Quinn. Dan Quinn actually won and had success in the league when he was HC of the Falcons, won in the playoffs and went to the super bowl. If you/re gonna get a retread at least get one who has proven he can win in this league As a head coach.

Love the replies stating Belichick was fired once as some kind of justification to hire failed coaches. Is 24 year old Tom Brady coming along with Bowles? Belichick won zip without the GOAT.

Dan Quinn? He had his defensive line tackling offensive lineman for no reason and quite possibly cost his team the win.

Generally teams looking for a new coach hire a guy who is different from the previous one.

I would expect the next HC to be from the Offensive side of the ball.

The new DC will be an important decision as they have a playoff defense that needs to be maintained while the Offense is improved.

Fixing the OL is the job this off season but I am less than confident that this FO can do that.

Back
Top Bottom