Why not trade Mare for some Draft Day leverage ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not trade Mare for some Draft Day leverage ?

havanahec said:
For what? A pick in the 14th round.

- I don't think that we even got a yoo-hoo and a day old hot dog from the Quickie Mart for good old Reg.

marino2duper73 said:
Ummm.... Reggie Roby ... RIP/. to Washington..?

Actually Mat mcbriar a punter he was traded from denver to seattle in 2003 for a conditional draft pick. he was the last kicker or punter traded.

godfater21 said:
Actually Mat mcbriar a punter he was traded from denver to seattle in 2003 for a conditional draft pick. he was the last kicker or punter traded.

Nice find

I'm sure some team out there would be willing to trade for Mare as long as it were for the right price, like something along the lines a conditional 2015 7th rd pick that could go up to a 6th as long as Mare doesn't shank more than 50% of his field goals next season. Which basicly means the trade might as well be for a straight up 2015 7th rder. Heck that sounds like a great deal to me I'd sure take it!

trade a kicker ? besides the 32 playing, there are so many of them sitting at home

coach72 said:
Pat will become so valuable you won't even believe it.:cooldude:

agreed when kc finally realizes that they could be getting a damn good corner for a good price...we'll end up getting there 2006 1st or 2006 2nd and 2006 5th

I'm new at posting or replying, but have been reading what you guys have been saying for the past month. I thought I would chime on it this one though, because it wasn't that long ago that Pete Stoyanovich was traded to Kansas City for 5th rd pick.

coach72 said:
Pat will become so valuable you won't even believe it.:cooldude:

Why? It's the best CB draft in 10 years. His value is depreciated because everyone knows that. Why pay for a 29 year old and his huge contract when you can draft a Rolle, Green, Jones, Wilson, Browner, Jackson, Webster, Rogers, Washington, McFadden, etc etc etc. In the 2nd round you will be getting 1st round quality in many other years.

Boomer said:
Why? It's the best CB draft in 10 years. His value is depreciated because everyone knows that. Why pay for a 29 year old and his huge contract when you can draft a Rolle, Green, Jones, Wilson, Browner, Jackson, Webster, Rogers, Washington, McFadden, etc etc etc. In the 2nd round you will be getting 1st round quality in many other years.

Because Surtain can shut down the top WRs in the league now. sure the CBs comming out in the draft may be good but when they play a top vet like Moss or Owens they are going to get burned. a team like KC full of aging vets can't afford to wait for a rookie CB to learn the ins and outs of covering the top NFL WRs. they need surtain who can do it now. by the time these rookies develope KCs team they have now will be gone and they will be rebuilding.

marino2duper73 said:
Even if he is a little steep in cap, Olindo missed a lot of crucial kicks, and seems to be losing the leg a touch, so why not get a fourth round for him...?

Cuz he is a little steep in cap, misses a lot of crucial kicks, and seems to be losing the leg... No one would give a foutrh for him...

Leave mare alone. lets just cut and trade all our starters and play with the college allstar team we drafted, so we can get pummelled by the other nfl teams..... These trades and cuts get on my nerves. bunch of rookies....

marino2duper73 said:
Even if he is a little steep in cap, Olindo missed a lot of crucial kicks, and seems to be losing the leg a touch, so why not get a fourth round for him...?

:roflmao: you think someone will give up a valuable draft pick for a washed up old, expensive kicker:roflmao: we're having trouble getting a 3rd rounder for Surtain.

Back
Top Bottom