Why Not!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not!!!

legendary137

Starter
Reaction score
Why am i hearing that people don't believe the dolphins can even make it to the playoffs.....this is really bothering me....first of all, remember two years ago when the panthers made it to the superbowl, they had a so so QB and a decent coach. The year before they made it to the superbowl, they were terrible. The fins have a great coach in saban and i think a better QB than Jake Delhome. Rember, his receivers made him look good and they had a decent running back. Well, I think we have better receivers than them, esp if Boston comes back, and we have a couple of Stud backe in Brown and Harris. I know they haven't played an NFL down yet, but I believe they are going to have better careers in the NFL than most people think. Our defense is going to be ranked in the top 5 this year, watch....even though we lost Knight and Mr. P. , Poole is going to step it up and I think Bua is going to switch on and off with Bell....both who can hit and run. I think people don't realize our O-line is going to be a complete 360 from last year...esp with Stocker and Macintosh being 100% and being reunited with his old coach from San Diego who made him one of the best lineman on the west coast that year. Most importantly, our veterans are going crazy over this guy named Saban. Our veterans seem to have some serious fire under their a**. I'll keep believing while ya'll keep haten and we'll see who was right when we enter the first round of the playoffs in 05'!

Why am i hearing that people don't believe the dolphins can even make it to the playoffs

Because we went 4-12 last season. You never know what could happen. I laughed at those who said we weren't going to win 6 games last season. Now who's laughing?

I think we'll be a good team this season. I don't know about playoffs, but anything can happen.

i think a better QB than Jake Delhome
Delhomme is a pretty good QB. Feeley is not better than him.

I love my fins man, but the answer is simple look at our division. We are in the toughest division in football. We'll be there soon, but we're implementing a new system a new offense, it's going to take time to get used to Sabans new philosophy.

were going to be better than the jest, bill, and i even think we will have the pats number this year, esp with Saban knowing how to play Billichik (spelling)...watch and see , Feely will be one of the top QB's in the AFC this year...and if not him, then Ferotte will be. Whoever we have is going to blossom under saban.

I like your faith in Feeley, but I'm going on what i've seen. He's basically a second year rookie. All I want to see is an improvement in Int to TD ratio from him.

legendary137 said:
were going to be better than the jest, bill, and i even think we will have the pats number this year, esp with Saban knowing how to play Billichik (spelling)...watch and see , Feely will be one of the top QB's in the AFC this year...and if not him, then Ferotte will be. Whoever we have is going to blossom under saban.
Might as well expect to win the sb if that's the case. Why sell your team short w/ just a playoffs appearance?

Justasportsfan said:
Might as well expect to win the sb if that's the case. Why sell you team short w/ just a playoffs appearance?

I was waiting for you to show up :) I bet your ears start ringing when the mere typing sound of the word BILLS.

While overnight turnarounds do sometimes happen, the odds are against it. We have at least 2 things going against us.

1. When a team is as bad as we were last season, it usually takes a year or two to restock talent to get to the playoffs.
2. When a team installs a new head coach, new assistants, and new offensive and defensive systems, their first season rarely gets them to the playoffs.
It is possible that we could overcome both these factors, but when you add in the fact that we will play the leagues toughest schedule, and that our division is the toughest in the NFL, it is extremely unlikely.
Expect a record somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 in 2005, 11-5 or better in 2006 with a playoff berth.
It isnt "haten" as you call it, its just being realistic.

Trust me legendary I do want you to be right, but the odds are against us this year. The schedule is a killer.

We have a very tough schedule and play in a tough division...that is why many say we won't make the playoffs...I am predicting 8-8 or 9-7....but I think it will take 10 games or better to make the playoffs. The AFC is the stronger conference so it makes it even harder for our Phins.

I haven't been on this board that long, but when Jimmy became coach, was the optimism higher than sabans regime?

miami_mi said:
I haven't been on this board that long, but when Jimmy became coach, was the optimism higher than sabans regime?
It was higher 2 years ago w/ Wanny. Most so called experts had fins SB predictions. Hell, I even thought the fins would win the AFCE.

Fellas Fellas Fellas....look at the talent we have on this team...the reason we sucked for the past three years was cause of the scheme and the coaches.....Our guys are picking this saban stuff up quick...from what i hear his schemes arent that hard to learn and the lingo he uses isn't all that hard to learn either...Look at the talent we have tis year, it's better that we've had in the previous 6,7,8 years....better defenseive line, better offensive line, better recievers, better special teamers, better linebackers, better quarterbacks,except Marino, better coaches, heck our traing camp has something it's never had, three goal posts. You can agrue aqbout the running backs "talent" but our running back has a better head on his shoulders than any running back we have ever had. S**t, even the damn stadium is getting a major overhaul...will you guys forget the past...move on and believe our TEAM can do it. Our depth is better than any years I can rember....even defenseive line...Taylor, Holliday, Bowens, Bowens, Carter, Chester, Roth, Vickerson, and don't forget Josh Shaw from Michigan State. Our only question is our secondary...but I think it will be ruthless with Bua getting some playing time back there if not starting...I honestly think our only question is our nickel back, hopefully Daniels can come in and beat Howard for that third corner spot!!! Believe in our team and let the rest of the NFL that we were gone but now were back!!

Yeah and who did jimmy dfaft as a running back...avery and abduljabar and collins....dont get me wrong jimmy got us Zach, Taylor, Madison, Surtain....BUT he also got us wannstedt. Look at the players that were on those teams, where are they now? Abduljabar- not playing, Avery- who the hell know let alone cares, Feilder- waste, rember robert jones- to slow was never a somebody, derick rodgers- second teamer, dont forget they let larry izzo go and look at what he became - pro bowler.

There still is a learning curve with our rookies. Even our quarterback is still learning. Only a certain few never have to go through this learning curve, i.e. Marino, Brady. We still have work to do, even Saban says to be patient and this isn't going to get turned around in a year. Listen to the man, he has more first hand knowledge than any of us.

Back
Top Bottom