Why Olivier Vernon Will Be Giant Free Agent Bust | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Olivier Vernon Will Be Giant Free Agent Bust

Sons Of Shula

not a dull boy
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
fluff_heaven_baby_carriers_logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have put the franchise tag on him and traded him to the Jaguars for their high 3rd, or a 3rd and 4th from the Giants.

Worst case: He'd have been a Dolphin for one more contract year.

I can see him with 7-10 sacks a year and decent run support however i agree that he'll be a bust compared to what he'll be paid. I actually think the 12 million a year we offered is too much for a player that i dont think is capable of taking over games on a consistent basis.

I agree whole heartedly with this article. OV is going to get paid a large sum of money from someone and I truly hope it is not from us. While I hate to create another position of need I do believe he can be replaced with a middle round pick.

I really do not get the amount of negativity when i comes to our young players like Vernon, Miller and Matthews.

I really do not get the amount of negativity when i comes to our young players like Vernon, Miller and Matthews.

Agree. If he signs elsewhere and tears it up, I can see the haters whinge about not keeping him......

It's funny how Finheaven will be full of threads arguing that losing player X to free agency will be the worse thing that could happen to the team, that player X is the best thing since sliced bread. Then let it appear that player X is going to sign with a different team who can afford to pay them what the market actually thinks that player X is worth and all of a sudden player X immediately becomes crap and is the reason why we haven't had a winning season since forever.

The size of the Suh and Tannehill contracts were both terrible mistakes on the part of the front office. We will be living with the consequences of those mistakes for years to come. When the few young decent players that the Dolphins have (and there are not many of them) leave the Dolphins to sign contracts the Dolphins can't afford to offer, remember how Tannenbaum and Ross screwed up our salary cap by signing these huge contracts for players that are overpaid to the nth degree for the contributions they are making to the team.

It's funny how Finheaven will be full of threads arguing that losing player X to free agency will be the worse thing that could happen to the team, that player X is the best thing since sliced bread. Then let it appear that player X is going to sign with a different team who can afford to pay them what the market actually thinks that player X is worth and all of a sudden player X immediately becomes crap and is the reason why we haven't had a winning season since forever.

The size of the Suh and Tannehill contracts were both terrible mistakes on the part of the front office. We will be living with the consequences of those mistakes for years to come. When the few young decent players that the Dolphins have (and there are not many of them) leave the Dolphins to sign contracts the Dolphins can't afford to offer, remember how Tannenbaum and Ross screwed up our salary cap by signing these huge contracts for players that are overpaid to the nth degree for the contributions they are making to the team.

So paying an elite, dominant DT for 100 million is overpaying, but wanting to pay a slightly above average DE 70+ million isn't.

:lol:

Honestly, if a team offers OV a huge deal I think they'll end up regretting it if they want him to be the guy on the DL. He's kind of living on a late surge right now. Not that I don't think he's good, I just think he's more of a complimentary piece right now.

So paying an elite, dominant DT for 100 million is overpaying, but wanting to pay a slightly above average DE 70+ million isn't.

:lol:

With all due respect I think a very strong argument can be made that Suh was neither elite nor dominant in the 2016 season.

Back
Top Bottom