Why O'Shea Was Fired | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why O'Shea Was Fired

Why?

Print media seems like an outdated, archaic, and woefully inefficient/expensive business model in the age of electronic media.

It is. The silent generation and Boomers are really the only generations keeping daily print media afloat. Once they’re gone, it’ll be ad-supported electronic media (like CNN or ESPN) or subscription-based electronic media (The Athletic).

Paywalls at this point are really akin to shaking one’s fist at a cloud.

It is. The silent generation and Boomers are really the only generations keeping daily print media afloat. Once they’re gone, it’ll be ad-supported electronic media (like CNN or ESPN) or subscription-based electronic media (The Athletic).

Paywalls at this point are really akin to shaking one’s fist at a cloud.
90% of electronic media reports start from local print media. If local print doesn't exist anymore that would end investigative journalism.

Seriously? The article clearly states the players could not keep up with the playbook.

It is not the professor's job to teach you, it is your job to learn it (student or profession). Furthermore, I have never surprised an employee with termination, if the employee was surprised (O'Shea), either he was in denial, stupid (I doubt either) or there was a lack of direction from the top....This is indicative of disfunction or poor management which raises questions.

I would point out that every new HC a team gets needs to form his coaching staff from who is available, not necessarily who he wants.

It takes time to get the ones you want due to many things; contractual commitments, unwillingness to take a chance on a new team, unwillingness to take a chance on a new HC, or the geographical area such as Buffalo, just due to the cold winters. All this is tempered by their current growth opportunities and limited job availability.

Seriously? The article clearly states the players could not keep up with the playbook.

It is not the professor's job to teach you, it is your job to learn it (student or profession). Furthermore, I have never surprised an employee with termination, if the employee was surprised (O'Shea), either he was in denial, stupid (I doubt either) or there was a lack of direction from the top....This is indicative of disfunction or poor management which raises questions.
I don't understand this thinking at all. What exactly do you think a coach does? but i'm sure you'd do fine with dyslectic and autistic students.

Sounds like Flores didn't give his OC the latitude to grow into the new job like he did for himself.

90% of electronic media reports start from local print media. If local print doesn't exist anymore that would end investigative journalism.

It absolutely would and will not. Journalism is changing.

You’re telling me that journalism is going to be crippled simply because it isn’t printed on pulp media? Nonsense.

A professor's job is to provide information not MAKE YOU LEARN IT, which is exactly what the point is...period.

So many people including yourself are under the mistaken belief that teaching requires someone to learn it. It is up to the student/employee to "learn it" and if your student/employee makes the choice, not the learn through distraction, lack of effort or intelligence that is not the professor's/instructors problem.

I so love listening to the foolishness of the millennials and those who enable them who believe someone must coddle, motivate, or water down a curriculum of a program so they can "succeed". It is the student's obligation to learn it and if they have not it is by definition through lack of effort.
The teacher has to make every effort to communicate the information effectively to their given audience. If the teacher ignores who their pupils are, including their backgrounds, they are likely to miss the mark. Meanwhile, achieving little more than confusion, discouragement and frustration in students. Likely result? Students won't want to pay attention to that teacher or trainer anymore. They are made to feel inadequate. The teachers point at the students as being incapable of complex information when the problem is actually the presentation. This is a very common effect in schools and OJT today. I know. I've been heavily involved in both. It's a part of my job.

According to the article this thread is about, O'Shea was unable to communicate his concepts in a way his audience could readily comprehend and absorb. It's the teacher's responsibility to be aware of their students abilities, while adjusting how they impart the information accordingly. This can be done with surprisingly complex information, given awareness of abilities/previous experience of the students. Enough time and appropriate formats can make it work, believe me. Also, let's not forget that these are all recent college grads. O'Shea failed. There's not much excuse for that.

My guess is that Flores knows Gailey can do this better because of his awareness of the limitations of most young players. Our team may need more complex concepts in the future. However, less complexity and more mastery of simpler concepts is probably more important for a team full of young, inexperienced players.

Last edited:
Gah, I hope so lol So much of the so-called "investigative journalism" of today is so biased and agenda driven it's little more than drivel. Makes a convenient place for puppies to poop, though ;)

60% Of The Time GIF - PaulRudd AnchormanTheLegendOfRonBurgundy WorksEveryTime GIFs

Back
Top Bottom