Why pats will never be a powerhouse under BB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why pats will never be a powerhouse under BB

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I have been reading the ty law thread and a point was brought up that I strongly believe.

The pats have no loyalty. They get there guys to sign low contracts for the better of the team. But when it comes time to renegotiate and guys like troy brown who gave his health to play both sides of the ball, they release him because its not cap friendly.

This is much diffrent than the milloy case because he demanded an insane amount of cash. But people like law and brown, wanted fair amounts and job security.

Free agents will start to see this and be turned away from new england because kraft and Bill belichick could care less about there players.

Now lets look at another sport and a team I know, the bulls. They have taken care of Jay Willaims and Eddy Curry knowing one or maybe both depending on this offseason goes, may not come back. They honor contracts they dont have to. It makes players want to play there and maybe know they will be better taken care of. Exact opposite of new england. They will say help us, but when you get injured its bye, dont let the door hit you on the way out. And because of this, everyone except malcontents will not want to play for new england. Soon there entire team will be made of 2nd stringers trying to play in the system. Sorry, but Pats are on the downfall. There secondary is still exploitable, despite what they believe. And they can be rattled. And it will be a matter of time before they go from golden franchise to yet another bottom feeder.

perhaps... but for the time being, they're still among the top 3 teams in the NFL... they're just so incredibly deep ... and their front 7 (at 2-deep, consider their front 14) is so lethal, their secondary can afford to be average...

ummm, and that offense with dillon now? ridiculous...

don't forget... winning breeds togetherness...we won't know how they'll react until they lose and perhaps fracture...

I don't think you can compare Law to Brown. To me, Law was little better than Milloy and was just one of those football deals. On the other hand, Brown did exceptional things for the team and god screwed in part because of them. That one event won't destroy the Patriots, but any additional evidence that it's the treatment you can expect out of the organization will mean this catches up with them. In a lot of ways, the Brown situation is actually worse than it looks. If he stayed at WR, indications are that he would have been cut just like he was. He gained just like the team did in that he got his name mentioned and showed he was just that much of a team player. The Patriots still lost in that PR war if you ask me...

the thread was less about how they will never be a powerhouse because they are good, but from now on they will be in decline and can never regain strength because they wont be trusted as an organization so they will be reliant off draft picks only because no FA will sign for cheap like before because they dont honor the whole contract, they basically cut you and since you signed cheap enough they dont owe **** to you that normally would have to be paid from an early release.

DonShula84 said:
The problem is they are already a powerhouse under BB so your point seems moot to me.

3 SB's in 4 years.....WestCoastPhins, what is your definition of a powerhouse? This is one of the weakest threads I've ever read.

WestCoastPhins said:
I have been reading the ty law thread and a point was brought up that I strongly believe.

The pats have no loyalty. They get there guys to sign low contracts for the better of the team. But when it comes time to renegotiate and guys like troy brown who gave his health to play both sides of the ball, they release him because its not cap friendly.

This is much diffrent than the milloy case because he demanded an insane amount of cash. But people like law and brown, wanted fair amounts and job security.

Free agents will start to see this and be turned away from new england because kraft and Bill belichick could care less about there players.

Now lets look at another sport and a team I know, the bulls. They have taken care of Jay Willaims and Eddy Curry knowing one or maybe both depending on this offseason goes, may not come back. They honor contracts they dont have to. It makes players want to play there and maybe know they will be better taken care of. Exact opposite of new england. They will say help us, but when you get injured its bye, dont let the door hit you on the way out. And because of this, everyone except malcontents will not want to play for new england. Soon there entire team will be made of 2nd stringers trying to play in the system. Sorry, but Pats are on the downfall. There secondary is still exploitable, despite what they believe. And they can be rattled. And it will be a matter of time before they go from golden franchise to yet another bottom feeder.

Hello? They will never be a powerhouse? How do you define winning 3 out 4 superbowls? Beginners luck?

Loyalty is a word that went out the window with unrestricted free agency, BB has correctly made judgement calls about the value of players relative to their salary.

In todays NFL, a smart GM knows you can only pay big contracts to a core group of players that are the real impact players on your team.

The rest will be let go when their salary demands exceed their value to the team and must be replaced by young draftees, that is why you see a guy like Saban wanting lots of picks , he understands the reality of the NFL today.

If New England falters it will be because of losing so many key assistant coaches, players will continue to flock to a team that provides them a good chance at a title.

In closing, your Bulls haven't won any rings in a long time, clearly their system hasn't been working well.

As most say, they already are a powerhouse. Also, FA are WILLING TO TAKE PAY CUTS and join the New England Patriots because of the possibility of winning a Super Bowl.

Put it this way. If you were a free agent who fits in the BB mode, would you rather take an extra couple of million dollars or play for a team that contends for a ring? Also, I dont think FA have the say whether they WANT to join the Pats or not. I think its more of, "is the Pats willing to invite you to camp."

WestCoastPhins said:

Well in my book, 3 SB wins in 4 years equals a powerhouse. Not sure what your definition is??

I agree.. same with Duke University in basketball... as long as they are lead by Coach K... they are not going to be successful.

Another point to add to this meaningless thread, their secondary is still expoitable, well then could you explain why their exploitable sec. held manning and the colts to 3 points in the playoffs? The thing with new england is that even with their second string players, as long as they execute what BB wants them to and play like a team, they will continue to win. I love my dolphins, but i have to take my hat off to BB, he just keeps finding ways to get it done, lets pray that saban can mould us into the team we are capable of becoming, and get the best franchise in the NFL to the level we should be at

First off they already are a powerhouse and secondly you are saying the Bulls are a better franchise than the Pats? The Bulls have been a laughingstock since #23 retired until this year when finally after drafting high lottery picks every year since '99 they finally made the playoffs where they didn't even win a round.

3 Super Bowl wins in 4 years. That's 3 more than we've won in the last 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom