Why Ricky, Why Now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ricky, Why Now?

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Saban started getting ultra-interested in bringing Ricky back just after Alex Smith's workout. What's that tell you? I think Saban wants to be able to take Smith at QB and still have a viable RB. If he can get Ricky interested in coming back within the next 30 days, he'll be able to pick Smith (rather than Ronnie Brown) at #2 and still feel good about the offense.

You think your sig might have anything to do with your logic?

shouright said:
Saban started getting ultra-interested in bringing Ricky back just after Alex Smith's workout. What's that tell you? I think Saban wants to be able to take Smith at QB and still have a viable RB. If he can get Ricky interested in coming back within the next 30 days, he'll be able to pick Smith at #2 and feel much better about the offense.

Saban mentioned in his first press conference that if Ricky had value, he take him back. I'd like to think and I believe you are right, that Saban is making a concerted effort now to make way for a QB with our first.

Celtkin said:
Saban mentioned in his first press conference that if Ricky had value, he take him back. I'd like to think and I believe you are right, that Saban is making a concerted effort now to make way for a QB with our first.

:yeahthat:

Ricky or no Ricky, Saban will take Alex Smith if wants Alex Smith, I do not believe Saban will put the team at risk by relying on Ricky, if ricky comes back and is anywhere near as good as he was when he left, he adds value to the team, by giving them a better RB than what they have or can get in the draft, ricky was a phenomal running back, who could have been the best if his head wasn't so messed up, I think ricky is in the same boat as Boston, Saban would like them to play for dolphins, because when healthy mentally & physically they both are game breakers & probowl players, but neither seem very reliable for one reason or another. So they are worth a chance just don't depend on them like Wanny did with the 2 of them last year.

Dude why people keeps putting Boston in the same level than RW? Boston did everything to play for us, but he freaking broke his leg!!!! I dont think Boston is even nearly as conflicted as Ricky.

Braylon drops way too many passes...wr aint a need, marty booker will step up big he did when he was healthy anyway

philyphin said:
Ricky or no Ricky, Saban will take Alex Smith if wants Alex Smith, I do not believe Saban will put the team at risk by relying on Ricky, if ricky comes back and is anywhere near as good as he was when he left, he adds value to the team, by giving them a better RB than what they have or can get in the draft, ricky was a phenomal running back, who could have been the best if his head wasn't so messed up, I think ricky is in the same boat as Boston, Saban would like them to play for dolphins, because when healthy mentally & physically they both are game breakers & probowl players, but neither seem very reliable for one reason or another. So they are worth a chance just don't depend on them like Wanny did with the 2 of them last year.
I think Saban may take Smith either way too if he wants him, but I think the fact that he's gotten so interested in Ricky lately suggests that he's targeted a position other than RB in the draft. And the signing of Frerotte and the latest quotes about Feeley ("he has to be responsible for his own self-determination") say that Saban isn't exactly sold on Feeley.

shouright said:
Saban started getting ultra-interested in bringing Ricky back just after Alex Smith's workout. What's that tell you? I think Saban wants to be able to take Smith at QB and still have a viable RB. If he can get Ricky interested in coming back within the next 30 days, he'll be able to pick Smith (rather than Ronnie Brown) at #2 and still feel good about the offense.

I've long been in favor of drafting a QB at #2, so I would love to believe your reasoning. However, my understanding is that Saban had been calling RW for a month prior. The timing only appears linked b/c that is when RW finally called him back.

Ricky cant come back til June, therefore he WILL NOT factor into Saban's decisions at all.. Honestly, how can you completely take Ricky at his word.. A guy like Saban will not be banking on his return.

SkapePhin said:
Ricky cant come back til June, therefore he WILL NOT factor into Saban's decisions at all.. Honestly, how can you completely take Ricky at his word.. A guy like Saban will not be banking on his return.

Ricky can't come back til July ot June.

gator_sensation said:
Ricky can't come back til July ot June.

Regardless, its still after April's draft. Whether it is June or July is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom