Why so negative.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why so negative....

thedayafter

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First let me say I enjoy the board and respect everyones right to post their opinions. Many supply solid information with references. Everyone has an opinion whether they post it or not, and of course everyone has the right to not read others opinions should they find them of no interest. The following is my opinion.

I have been taking an informal poll and find that the vast majority of posts are negative in nature. Maybe this is just the times we live in... everybody wants it NOW... hindsight RULES...... respect is expected... forget about earning it..... me, me, me.....

I'll use the collective "we" as it really applies since all of us fall into the "negative trap" from time to time. Shoulda... woulda.... coulda..... supports all things relative to past drafts.... coaching decisions..... player trades.... pick values... and the list goes on. While it's important to look at the past in some respects if everything remains constant, players, coaches, FO... it really has no bearing on what is happening now. Everything is new top to bottom and the pieces that remain (players) might as well be considered new as well. They will be forced to change and adapt to the new order of things. Some will face the fact they no longer fit in either physically or mentally. In other words the past does not apply... lead... follow... or get out of the way.

If you asked players and coaches it's all about what you do today.... and what you will do on Sunday. That's the only thing that matters.... today and the future. That single element is what makes the intesity of football season great.... we don't have 162 games... or 82 games.... every game is do or die (a little) it galvanizes players, coaches, owners, teams, cities and states and most importantly ... the fans. How many times have you heard since now we have access to after game locker rooms either... enjoy the victory now... but come ready to work on Wednesday.... or in defeat... get past this today and come ready to work on Wednesday.... all aspects are directed to the engergy of the future.

In closing, we could all do a better job of being positive... I understand it's also the hardest thing to do. Being negative is easy... there is no risk... everyone is the expert after the fact... As Shakespeare once said " even an idiot's a genius after the fact".

What do we really have to lose by maintaining a positive attitude.... we can start with the Dolphins and maybe we can get some positive mojo in our everyday lives as well....

thedayafter said:
First let me say I enjoy the board and respect everyones right to post their opinions. Many supply solid information with references. Everyone has an opinion whether they post it or not, and of course everyone has the right to not read others opinions should they find them of no interest. The following is my opinion.

I have been taking an informal poll and find that the vast majority of posts are negative in nature. Maybe this is just the times we live in... everybody wants it NOW... hindsight RULES...... respect is expected... forget about earning it..... me, me, me.....

I'll use the collective "we" as it really applies since all of us fall into the "negative trap" from time to time. Shoulda... woulda.... coulda..... supports all things relative to past drafts.... coaching decisions..... player trades.... pick values... and the list goes on. While it's important to look at the past in some respects if everything remains constant, players, coaches, FO... it really has no bearing on what is happening now. Everything is new top to bottom and the pieces that remain (players) might as well be considered new as well. They will be forced to change and adapt to the new order of things. Some will face the fact they no longer fit in either physically or mentally. In other words the past does not apply... lead... follow... or get out of the way.

If you asked players and coaches it's all about what you do today.... and what you will do on Sunday. That's the only thing that matters.... today and the future. That single element is what makes the intesity of football season great.... we don't have 162 games... or 82 games.... every game is do or die (a little) it galvanizes players, coaches, owners, teams, cities and states and most importantly ... the fans. How many times have you heard since now we have access to after game locker rooms either... enjoy the victory now... but come ready to work on Wednesday.... or in defeat... get past this today and come ready to work on Wednesday.... all aspects are directed to the engergy of the future.

In closing, we could all do a better job of being positive... I understand it's also the hardest thing to do. Being negative is easy... there is no risk... everyone is the expert after the fact... As Shakespeare once said " even an idiot's a genius after the fact".

What do we really have to lose by maintaining a positive attitude.... we can start with the Dolphins and maybe we can get some positive mojo in our everyday lives as well....

BA HUMBUG! :wink:

The negativity creeped in during the Wanny years.Old habits are hard to break.

But you are right.There are some posters who are continually negative about everything.There are some that are negative about certain subjects(Thats me).Then there are some who are positive about everything.(Those are the worst IMO :lol: )

Hard to break for sure... but as far as the Dolphins are concerned... this would be the right time.... IMO

It's got nothing to do with the Dolphins. It's got everything to do with personal vandettas and fragile egos.

People get into arguments with other posters about what should or shouldn't happen, tempers flare, hostile words are spoken, lines are drawn.

Example...Poster A wants to draft Derrick Johnson.....Poster B thinks drafting Derrick Johnson would be a big mistake......If Derrick Johnson is drafted, poster B will then tenaciously find every little tid bit of bad news about Derrick Johnson so that he can keep justifying his opinion that Derrick Johnson shouldn't have been drafted.

That's the way it is with every draft pick, free agent pick-up, or trade. There are people that wanted a certain player and people who didn't. Those that didn't will take every opportunity to rip said player.

It's a big game of "See, I told you so..." that won't ever end.

OK, Lets all sing "Happy Happy Joy Joy"

If we mindlessly agree with everything our team does (or everything another poster THINKS our team will do) just for the sake of being "positive" then we might as well be Jets fans.

Back
Top Bottom