Why Stephen Ross might need to intervene. And former NFL executive defends Dolphins’ plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Stephen Ross might need to intervene. And former NFL executive defends Dolphins’ plan

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Dolphins items on a Monday:

▪ Good news, Dolphins fans: I am already coming up with a list of excuses the Dolphins can use to rest their best players if the No. 1 overall draft pick is on the line when they play host to the Cincinnati Bengals on Dec. 22.

How about needing to rest players for OTAs in May and June? Or an ingrown toenail? Or a mild bout of scurvy? Or mental fatigue from enduring a year of The Tank? Or claiming players got stuck in traffic or delayed by South Florida’s various road closures?

In all seriousness, when I raised the possibility of taking extra tanking measures — if needed — against the Bengals, a Dolphins football staffer dismissed the idea, saying it would be a bad look and send a bad message to players.

A six-pack of Dolphins items on a Monday:

▪ Good news, Dolphins fans: I am already coming up with a list of excuses the Dolphins can use to rest their best players if the No. 1 overall draft pick is on the line when they play host to the Cincinnati Bengals on Dec. 22.

How about needing to rest players for OTAs in May and June? Or an ingrown toenail? Or a mild bout of scurvy? Or mental fatigue from enduring a year of The Tank? Or claiming players got stuck in traffic or delayed by South Florida’s various road closures?

In all seriousness, when I raised the possibility of taking extra tanking measures — if needed — against the Bengals, a Dolphins football staffer dismissed the idea, saying it would be a bad look and send a bad message to players.

Barry Jackson writes like the Dolphis play. Unfortunately when the team sucks so do the local writers.

Barry Jackson writes like the Dolphis play. Unfortunately when the team sucks so do the local writers.

You would think the converse would be true, not that we've had much experience of that scenario but on the odd occasion when there has seem some hope for this franchise over the last couple of decades, it's not been much better.

Jackson looking for another hard hitting story to write after the bye week...

Jackson looking for another hard hitting story to write after the bye week...

I don't see what's wrong with this? Twitter is a stunted communication medium designed for morons to produce 128 character farts of whatever happens to be on their mind at the moment.

Usually at these events, it's packed with reporters from local news stations, papers, and from national sports media outlets. If it's down to just two to three guys, that's unusual. Nothing wrong with using the brain fart app to post a brain fart about the fact that not even media outlets care to send reporters to cover the Dolphins' PCs right now.

I gotta ask, what's wrong with him posting this? He made an observation of something that obviously really stood out or surprised him. If someone posting a drive-by observation really bothers you that much, why are you on Twitter in the first place?

Most of these writers would be B!+ch1ng if we won the Super Bowl.
A bunch of damn hacks.

I don't see what's wrong with this? Twitter is a stunted communication medium designed for morons to produce 128 character farts of whatever happens to be on their mind at the moment.

Usually at these events, it's packed with reporters from local news stations, papers, and from national sports media outlets. If it's down to just two to three guys, that's unusual. Nothing wrong with using the brain fart app to post a brain fart about the fact that not even media outlets care to send reporters to cover the Dolphins' PCs right now.

I gotta ask, what's wrong with him posting this? He made an observation of something that obviously really stood out or surprised him. If someone posting a drive-by observation really bothers you that much, why are you on Twitter in the first place?

what bothers me is the ‘flip’ in all the beat reporters attitudes and what they have written and how hard they have come down on the plan that was laid out by Ross and the FO from the start... after Gase was dismissed.

They all banged the table about how this franchise has been run/built all along hut then when they attempt to do things the other way it’s nothing but a pile on from them.

At least Joe Schad has been a little more reasonable.

Very BB staff like comment, he also followed up by saying he will only answer questions about the Redskins....

Back
Top Bottom