Why support negleting the QB position? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why support negleting the QB position?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why people support passing up a QB in the first round this year. YES we have other needs, but it is imperative that we get a QB of the future. Jay has a few years left MAX. He's injury prone, and not a franchise QB. Sage has potential, but our coaches must see something bad, as they utterly refuse to play the guy.

We have neglected the position long enough. The last high draft pick (low first round 27th over all) we used got us Dan marino. Since then, we've failed to produce a good QB. We CAN'T pick a guy in the low rounds and hope he can play. Do the names Dean May, Jeff Wickersham, Jim Karsatos, Kerwin Bell, Scott Mitchell, Mark Barsotti, John Dutton, and Josh Huepel ring a bell? No? They were ALL drafted after Marino, they were ALL taken 6th round or lower, and they all suck.

We SHOULD have spent a quality pick about 2 years before Marino reitred, much less WHEN he retired, and over the last few years with Jay at the helm. Then we wouldn't be in this position right now.

Want to win now? Good, so do it, but we have to look to the future as well. We can't forsake this young offense, and pick a guy up a year or two down the road, and THEN sit him for 3 years. If you want to get a veteran QB in here, so be it. I'm all for trying to win with this defense. BUT we have to get a QB, this defense is aging, the new face of the Dolphins are those of Chambers, Williams, and McMichael. Trade up, draft a great QB high, and sit him behind Garcia, Fiedler, Sage, whoever ou want. But take one high, we need it.

Exactly... we have a lot of stars in our offensive youth, but no QB to go with them... doesn't do a whole lot of good for them to come into their prime a few years down the road just in time for the veteran qb we get now to be on his way out... besides that.... I don't see a rookie comming in and fixing the problems we have. In my opinion, you draft for the future and for depth, you use FA to fix the holes.

Back
Top Bottom