Why the Chicago Bears should consider trading for QB Josh Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Chicago Bears should consider trading for QB Josh Rosen

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
There are two hard facts that Bears fans need to face. The first is that their quarterback play has not been good in 2019. Before going down with a shoulder injury, Mitchell Trubisky did not look like the player Chicago expected in Year 3; 196 yards per game and a passer rating of 81.0 are not second overall pick numbers.

Chase Daniel looked competent at times in relief, but he threw two backbreaking interceptions against the Raiders in a game they should have won. The Bears’ quarterback situation has to improve for their Super Bowl aspirations to be realistic – this year and beyond.

Clearly this article is from a Chicago Bears perspective but I thought some might like to read what other fans might think.

I did enjoy this line from the article, "If Miami was smart – and to be fair, that remains to be seen."

Be a really good team for Rosen. Trubisky is terrible and I think Rosen could be a really good game manager. Great defense and good playcaller.

In what ways has Rosen proven to be an upgrade over Trubisky?

Im not a Rosen guy but he has to be better than Trubisky. Mitchell is propped so high because of that defense and the play calling.

That article is hilarious. Not only does the author talk down to several large groups of people, but he does so with very poor syntax, and completely misunderstanding what the Dolphins are doing.

The 2nd round pick is the ceiling? And it diminishes every week he leads that team? Then in the same exact breath he says "He looks bad because the team is bad. He actually plays well if you look outside of statistics"... okay so a GM won't see that? Only Chicago beat writer #26183 could tell Rosen was the diamond in the rough?

Not that I want to or am ready to ship Rosen off, but the destination makes sense for Chicago and for Rosen.

Clearly this article is from a Chicago Bears perspective but I thought some might like to read what other fans might think.

I did enjoy this line from the article, "If Miami was smart – and to be fair, that remains to be seen."

Bears don’t have the QB, which is obvious to most, so MIA should trade Rosen so his Bears have a chance... but they are dumb and will watch his value decline as the team continues to lose games.

I really don’t see it that way nor do I see us trading him. Th let can have Fitz if they want.

If the team wins Sunday or pulls off a few wins this season, especially if other teams win less than MIA, will they change the narrative and say it was the other teams tank and not MIA?

How about if rosen turns out the real deal and we miss out on him?

Miami will trade Rosen in 2021, not 2020. They need to see if Rosen has the ability to develop into a strong game manager.

They know that a QB like Rosen will still be incredibly valuable next year, even if its at the end of next year, because it allows teams to gamble on a "cheaper" guy for a year. Look how crazy folks went for Teddy B.

Be a really good team for Rosen. Trubisky is terrible and I think Rosen could be a really good game manager. Great defense and good playcaller.

If guys like Dilfer and Johnson can win SB's off the backs of great defenses & strong run games while being being game managers I don't see why Trubisky can't do the same. Clearly much like Dilfer, Johnson, and Flacco; Trubisky needs a strong defense and run game but what nobody is acknowledging is that the Bears don't have a strong run game right now which means Trubisky is asked to do more than he's capable of since he can't carry an offense. Last year the bears were 11th with 121 yards per game, this year they're 26th with 80.6 yards per game.

They will keep Rosen until he proves he's not the future QB here, or until someone else proves they are the future. There is no pick, that would realistically be offered, worth trading Rosen for, because that pick wouldn't be worth the value that a potential franchise QB would bring.

Miami will trade him for 5 1sts and people will still complain.

Back
Top Bottom