Why the Chicago Bears should consider trading for QB Josh Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Chicago Bears should consider trading for QB Josh Rosen

I've heard Cam linked to the bears.
ESPN filler radio show in the evening

Are we going to have these discussions for every team with QB struggles this year?

Well, ya. It’s not a crazy idea in the least bit, that’s why I suggested the same thing with Minnesota two weeks ago.

It makes sense when watching Trubisky “try” to throw a football. My best friend is a Bears fan and he’s over Mitchell, as their future franchise QB.

Rosen is significantly more talented than MT.

For teams like the Vikings and Bears that are built to win now, JR makes sense.

For the Bengals, he wouldn’t make much sense as they need a complete rebuild.

Chicago can’t squander too many more of Mack’s prime years given what they paid for him.

If Miami lands Tua and flips Rosen for a nice profit, isn’t that a best case scenario?

I say this as someone who actually likes Rosen’s potential. Not as a pro tanker, Tua fan.

Bears don’t have a first round pick in 2020 so it would have to be a creative deal. Miami is in a position to settle for future picks.

Trading Rosen would be a major mistake. He is the future. With that being said it would be typical dolphins.

And how do you know he is the future? If the Dolphins draft Tua next year, Rosen will pretty much have no future with the Dolphins other than being the backup QB.

Well, ya. It’s not a crazy idea in the least bit, that’s why I suggested the same thing with Minnesota two weeks ago.

It makes sense when watching Trubisky “try” to throw a football. My best friend is a Bears fan and he’s over Mitchell, as their future franchise QB.

Rosen is significantly more talented than MT.

For teams like the Vikings and Bears that are built to win now, JR makes sense.

For the Bengals, he wouldn’t make much sense as they need a complete rebuild.

Chicago can’t squander too many more of Mack’s prime years given what they paid for him.

If Miami lands Tua and flips Rosen for a nice profit, isn’t that a best case scenario?

I say this as someone who actually likes Rosen’s potential. Not as a pro tanker, Tua fan.

Bears don’t have a first round pick in 2020 so it would have to be a creative deal. Miami is in a position to settle for future picks.

Wouldn't teams who are built to win now want someone who is a proven starter/veteran QB? I mean if you're built to win now you generally don't have the time it takes to develop a QB and the additional time to find out if he's the guy. The Bears already wasted 3 years of an elite defense waiting to see if Trubisky is the guy. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to waste additional years on another young guy who needs time to develop and who may end up not even be an upgrade over what you had. A SB caliber defense has at most a 5 year window the clock is ticking.

Nobody knows for sure who Rosen is. He's not a Marino, but nobody else is. He may be the answer, although its not likely, IF he is he was a bargain...

And how do you know he is the future? If the Dolphins draft Tua next year, Rosen will pretty much have no future with the Dolphins other than being the backup QB.
Unless. of course, Tua, or another QB we draft, does not work out...much like Trubisky is not working out great for Chicago. That's why I would not trade Rosen now...hedge against the very real possibility that the first round QB ends up not being the guy.

Ehh probably wouldn’t trade him unless it was a significant offer. I say keep him in the event we don’t draft Tua I think he still has a chance to start. I’m not sure Fromm or Herbert are really an upgrade from Rosen especially with Rosen having a year advantage in the system.

That article is hilarious. Not only does the author talk down to several large groups of people, but he does so with very poor syntax, and completely misunderstanding what the Dolphins are doing.

The 2nd round pick is the ceiling? And it diminishes every week he leads that team? Then in the same exact breath he says "He looks bad because the team is bad. He actually plays well if you look outside of statistics"... okay so a GM won't see that? Only Chicago beat writer #26183 could tell Rosen was the diamond in the rough?

Shhh...It's a secret for only Bears people to look at.

I said this in the Rosen to Minn thread, and I will say it again:
Trading Rosen mid-season, a guy with rookie level experience, mid-season,with no time to learn the system, get timing with receivers, makes no sense for Chicago. He would probably flop there, perhaps only for these reasons. In the off-season, it makes more sense for Chicago. Now does not.

In what ways has Rosen proven to be an upgrade over Trubisky?
Come contract renegotiation time...

Rosen's contract will be less....

Unless. of course, Tua, or another QB we draft, does not work out...much like Trubisky is not working out great for Chicago. That's why I would not trade Rosen now...hedge against the very real possibility that the first round QB ends up not being the guy.

Rosen has already shown he isnt the guy so there's that. He will be a backup here or somewhere else next year. Can take that to the bank.

We have Rosen for the next few years with Arizona footing most of the bill. Any offer would have to be one the dolphins would be fools to refuse.

Even if Rosen isn't the future, he still is immensely talented and a valuable asset to have around.

Back
Top Bottom