Why the Chicago Bears should consider trading for QB Josh Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Chicago Bears should consider trading for QB Josh Rosen

Wouldn't teams who are built to win now want someone who is a proven starter/veteran QB? I mean if you're built to win now you generally don't have the time it takes to develop a QB and the additional time to find out if he's the guy. The Bears already wasted 3 years of an elite defense waiting to see if Trubisky is the guy. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to waste additional years on another young guy who needs time to develop and who may end up not even be an upgrade over what you had. A SB caliber defense has at most a 5 year window the clock is ticking.

I wouldn't be as concerned with Rosen's inexperience given the circumstances he's had to deal with in his two NFL seasons.

Chicago should be concerned about Mitchell Trubisky's high school level arm talent.

Rosen has already shown he isnt the guy so there's that. He will be a backup here or somewhere else next year. Can take that to the bank.
You are pretty certain though there have been plenty of other QBs that worked out without showing they are the guy a year and a couple months into their career. He's shown enough that you don't discard him, certainly. No loss in developing him and letting him compete with the guy we bring in next year. Top side is you have a hedge if your drafted QB (Tua or whomever) does not pan out or an asset to trade if he does. Down side is cheap, quality back up...

I don’t see the value in trading him...he is learning to play in the NFL and showing positive signs...when his cast is improved it will look much different.

I would keep him and let him compete with Tua for the starting job in 2020...if he loses you have a low cost quality backup for a few years....and his value may grow much higher.

The very reasons the article states Chicago should trade for him....are the reasons Miami traded for him.

I would not be trying to move Rosen. What happens if we end up picking 3rd overall? Tua goes to Cincy and then what? I don't see anyone outside of Tua who impresses me all that much. It's still early in the season but I'm not sure I am investing the 3rd pick in any of the other guys.

As of today, I would be of the thought that if I don't get Tua, I am likely rolling with Rosen in 2020. I just don't thinks it's cut and dry that Herbert, Fromm or Joe Burrow is an upgrade but I might take a gamble and see if Burrow is there in the middle or later part of the round.

Things will change a lot between now and April. Always a QB that surfaces that no one is talking about but I am in no rush to pick up another pick for Rosen.

In what ways has Rosen proven to be an upgrade over Trubisky?

Doesn't matter. Wannstedt once gave up two first round picks for Rick Mirer. He'll get showcased this year and next (at least in the preseason) and hopefully we find a sucker to overpay.

He's cheap though. Better to play the long game and trade him later.

So 3 years from now Rosen won't even look as good as present day Mitchell Trubisky? That's promising.
That's one way to look at it...

Another way would be that Rosen would likely ask for less than the player the team mortgaged years of draft capital to lead the team.

In what ways has Rosen proven to be an upgrade over Trubisky?
Gets the ball out quicker, does a better job of extending plays, more zip on his passes. Not that I’m condoning a trade, but with the players on offense there Rosen could look pretty damn competent.

I wouldn't be as concerned with Rosen's inexperience given the circumstances he's had to deal with in his two NFL seasons.

Chicago should be concerned about Mitchell Trubisky's high school level arm talent.

It's not just his level of inexperience it's the lack of being a proven starting caliber QB for a team that has maybe 2 years left as an elite defensive unit thats a big risk. It makes 0 sense to trade for a QB like Rosen if you are trying to win now which is exactly why the Dolphins traded for Rosen because we're not trying to win now. We can afford to waste a year or 2 to find out if he has the goods we have that luxury. I've never heard of a team that wants to win now trade for a young unproven QB it makes no sense.

Given their short window it would make more sense to find out what Jacksonville is going to do with Nick Foles moving forward.

Gets the ball out quicker, does a better job of extending plays, more zip on his passes. Not that I’m condoning a trade, but with the players on offense there Rosen could look pretty damn competent.

How many bears games have you watched?

Outside of the Bears running backs who are currently having a down year which is why Trubisky is not playing as well as last year who on offense is there to brag about? Their receiving corps is pretty mediocre.

Trubisky gets rid of the ball in an average of 2.57 seconds while Rosen gets rid of the ball an average of 2.7 seconds so there's that.

It's not just his level of inexperience it's the lack of being a proven starting caliber QB for a team that has maybe 2 years left as an elite defensive unit thats a big risk. It makes 0 sense to trade for a QB like Rosen if you are trying to win now which is exactly why the Dolphins traded for Rosen because we're not trying to win now. We can afford to waste a year or 2 to find out if he has the goods we have that luxury. I've never heard of a team that wants to win now trade for a young unproven QB it makes no sense.

Given their short window it would make more sense to find out what Jacksonville is going to do with Nick Foles moving forward.

Well they don't exactly have a lot of options. Rosen is a talented 1st round caliber option. I like Josh. I think he brings a lot to the table. Proven/unproven matters not anymore. QB's are all thrown into the fire. It's just the new way things are done.

Chicago's other options at years end? Ryan Tannehill. I like him too......lol. Teddy Bridgewater? You gotta swing for the fences eventually or just stay mediocre.

Ironically I've been considering the Nick Foles angle a lot lately (I say as if it's my decision). Jacksonville might want to get out from under that contract soon, we could be there to take on the cap hits, at the right compensation of course.

I think it goes without saying Miami will hold onto Rosen for the remainer of this season and re-evaluate in March.

I wouldn't trade our situation for Chicago or Minnesota's right now, so that says a lot about what they need to accomplish to become contenders.

Makes a lot of sense for Chicago. Trub sucks big time. Rosen would def be a nice upgrade for them with Nagy's offense.

Well they don't exactly have a lot of options. Rosen is a talented 1st round caliber option. I like Josh. I think he brings a lot to the table. Proven/unproven matters not anymore. QB's are all thrown into the fire. It's just the new way things are done.

Chicago's other options at years end? Ryan Tannehill. I like him too......lol. Teddy Bridgewater? You gotta swing for the fences eventually or just stay mediocre.

Ironically I've been considering the Nick Foles angle a lot lately (I say as if it's my decision). Jacksonville might want to get out from under that contract soon, we could be there to take on the cap hits, at the right compensation of course.

I think it goes without saying Miami will hold onto Rosen for the remainer of this season and re-evaluate in March.

I wouldn't trade our situation for Chicago or Minnesota's right now, so that says a lot about what they need to accomplish to become contenders.
I don’t think you can say “goes without saying we hold” when we have never experienced what we have watched since March

Chicago needs a big-armed guy to both stretch the field to utilize their speed, and to cut through the wind in December/January. Tribisky ain't that guy. Rosen may not be either, but if they offer up a #1, they're more than welcome to find out.

I dont kno who is worse Dolphins G.M.'s or Dolphins fans.

Only idiots would think that a QB on the worst team in the league, who has shown no sign of producing at a high level, should be kept around because he is worth more to the team here.

You people are delusional if you think Josh Rosen is better than Mitch Trubisky. I am not saying he isn't or wont be better but he definitely has not shown anything to warrant saying that up to this point.

Some of you people are in love with idea of Rosen that you have in your head.

Back
Top Bottom