Why The Dolphins Drafted A Kicker Who Missed 10 Of 35 College Kicks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Dolphins Drafted A Kicker Who Missed 10 Of 35 College Kicks

Hahaha cant believe I just read a post (in this thread) shitting on our FO for not having the foresight to extend Parkey by the 4th or 5th game - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This is worst revisionist history/talking out of your ass than the people who argue we should have resigned Vernon for his ask of $11mil/year coming off a 6 sack season. Give me a freaking break, Tannebaum is a moron but you look even more stupid when you want to **** on him for not getting Parkey as if he should have Nostradamus abilities.

Hahaha cant believe I just read a post (in this thread) ****ting on our FO for not having the foresight to extend Parkey by the 4th or 5th game - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This is worst revisionist history/talking out of your *** than the people who argue we should have resigned Vernon for his ask of $11mil/year coming off a 6 sack season. Give me a freaking break, Tannebaum is a moron but you look even more stupid when you want to **** on him for not getting Parkey as if he should have Nostradamus abilities.

People **** on the FO when they tried to do that and gave an extension to McDonald. Damned if you, damned if you don’t.

People **** on the FO when they tried to do that and gave an extension to McDonald. Damned if you, damned if you don’t.

No doubt! But when we're getting **** about the kicker - or when they take a conditional 7th round flyer on a proven DT - this is just stupid. People looking more stupid by the day. SOCIETY!

If we lose a game because of this kicker we're going to be pissed beyond belief.

Hahaha cant believe I just read a post (in this thread) ****ting on our FO for not having the foresight to extend Parkey by the 4th or 5th game - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This is worst revisionist history/talking out of your *** than the people who argue we should have resigned Vernon for his ask of $11mil/year coming off a 6 sack season. Give me a freaking break, Tannebaum is a moron but you look even more stupid when you want to **** on him for not getting Parkey as if he should have Nostradamus abilities.
Since I'm the one who expressed that sentiment with conviction, I'll just say that you are certainly as entitled to your opinion as I am to think it's short-sighted bordering on moronic!

no idea why we didn't sign Michael Badgley UFA ... hometown kid with good leg & clutch ability... hope he succeeds, but if the Colts let him go, have him come home...

Good for Parkey getting the Chicago deal. Yet another fledgling player who got his On job training credibility through a Fins opportunity and then leveraged it nicely.

However, consider that Parkey was an unproven entity with plenty of question marks after being cut by the worst team in the league. He was also a local boy who grew up a fan, just like Mare. My point is that by the 4th or 5th game, the front office should have known what we had in Parkey. At that point while he was still not dealing from a position of strength, they should have tied him up with an extension that was sufficiently generous to reflect their optimism and confidence in him vs allowing him to enter free agency. If the FO was doing its job, IMO, we wouldn't be reading articles about how an inconsistent college kicker for whom we spent an actual draft pick might or might not make it in the NFL

They could have even earmarked him toward the end of the year as a must sign. Start negotiations early and he never hits free agency. Given our salary dump though, I think a cheap kicker may have been in the cards all along. Rizzi is one of our few pimp coaches so I have faith in the kid if he does.

Certainly is a "minus" in the FO column seeing Parkey go, but it's a very, very small "minus" assuming we can achieve decent kicker production this year.

Did Rizzi have input on Caleb Sturgis? Not sure I'm sold on Rizzi. What makes him such a good kicking coach?

Absolutely agree. Idk how much you can teach a kicker to be accurate if hes not already. As it stands, expect this guy to miss 1 out of every 3 or 4 kicks. Pineiro would've been a great pick however, big leg and accurate

If he misses one out of every four kicks he might not last long. If he's missing one out of every three kicks he won't make it past week eight.

Can’t help that Chicago gave Parkey a ton of money. I wanted him back but not at that cost.
Yeah, let Chicago blow too much money on a kicker, not us. They must have salary cap money to burn, seeing as they're still overpaying for Dion Sims whom they're basically using only as a blocker.

I have a feeling there was an unspoken reticence toward "hometown kid" signings. It could be this was an issue with other players and they did not want to look like there was bias.

I thought Eddy was a slam-dunk but I was shown wrong.

It creates issues. This could explain the Parkey and Pineiro decisions.

I will admit I was nervous just about every time Parkey came out to kick for us. he was the soul reason why we beat the Browns the previous year.

Back
Top Bottom