Why The Dolphins Drafted A Kicker Who Missed 10 Of 35 College Kicks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Dolphins Drafted A Kicker Who Missed 10 Of 35 College Kicks

Good for Parkey getting the Chicago deal. Yet another fledgling player who got his On job training credibility through a Fins opportunity and then leveraged it nicely.

However, consider that Parkey was an unproven entity with plenty of question marks after being cut by the worst team in the league. He was also a local boy who grew up a fan, just like Mare. My point is that by the 4th or 5th game, the front office should have known what we had in Parkey. At that point while he was still not dealing from a position of strength, they should have tied him up with an extension that was sufficiently generous to reflect their optimism and confidence in him vs allowing him to enter free agency. If the FO was doing its job, IMO, we wouldn't be reading articles about how an inconsistent college kicker for whom we spent an actual draft pick might or might not make it in the NFL

That's assuming they didn't try to do that. Teams can't make a player sign an extension. If he and his agent preferred to wait it out in hopes of more money in the future, the Dolphins couldn't have done anything about it.

There are some sentiments I agree with...pure raw power, watching that ball explode off his foot is rarer than being a technically sound player. I watched many kicks by Aguayo and while that dude was a dead center kicker accurate as any to come out, he has struggled in the NFL...mainly because there was almost no pop to his kicks. Oh, they were beautiful, but they locked that power you want. Sanders has that pop...the rest can be coached.

Parley also went to the Pro Bowl w the Eagles didn’t he? Then he got hurt and lost his job to Sturgis I believe. He was money for Cleveland minus the game against us and then money last year. Point is, he’s been playing at a high level for some time and earned his pay day.

If we lose a game because of this kicker we're going to be pissed beyond belief.
Even the best kickers miss game winning fg, there not automatic, they are human, it happens to all, it’s how they respond to it the following week

Back
Top Bottom