Why the Dolphins trust Myles Gaskin to be their lead running back again. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins trust Myles Gaskin to be their lead running back again.

Don’t think we’re done shopping for RBs. Watch these two Sony Michel and L Bell.
Pass on both.

It's a stretch to think Bell is the same guy he was three years ago

Sony, while servicable, doesn't really give you anything more than what we have now.

Pass on both.

It's a stretch to think Bell is the same guy he was three years ago

Sony, while servicable, doesn't really give you anything more than what we have now.
I think people are underestimating Bell...in the right situation that is...and I think that's us.

I think people are underestimating Bell...in the right situation that is...and I think that's us.
Maybe, but as a rule, if a back hasn't performed well in three years, his time as a difference maker has probably passed.

I can certainly see the intrigue, and I guess if he was open to a non gauranteed prove it deal, there's nothing to lose.

Doesn't seem like the type to accept that though.

I fully trust Gaskin. I see him as a sound, well-rounded RB. He will not ever be a liability. He will do his job and will maximize his talent. He has decent vision and decent strength. I think his elusiveness is about average. He knows his role and is very good in pass pro and good out of the backfield. But I also think that his upside is limited and that we'll keep looking for/pining for a more dynamic talent at RB that can still do everything Gaskin brings. I don't believe he's ever going to be a guy that makes enough plays on his own to be considered a top tier runner, but I do think that with adequate blocking (we actually had that last year, but not consistently and not against every opponent), Gaskin will be good. I don't love the FA options out there currently, so I'm in no hurry to bring in someone new. I believe we can win with Gaskin.

Maybe, but as a rule, if a back hasn't performed well in three years, his time as a difference maker has probably passed.

I can certainly see the intrigue, and I guess if he was open to a non gauranteed prove it deal, there's nothing to lose.

His hold out literally killed his career.

What a miscalculation/fvcking idiot.

How can you possibly apply a 3 year rule to Bells situation? I agree if the RB was running full in regular seasons for 3 years while getting worse is one thing. But that's not Bell.

Don’t think we’re done shopping for RBs. Watch these two L Bell.
Why would anyone want L Bell? He had 4 ypc running in open space due to defenses having to respect TF out of Tyreek Hill.
I am so confused why anyone would want to sign Bell. There is a reason KC dropped him and no one has signed him. Helair, had 4.4 ypc in comparison. Pretty sure everyone is thinking the same thing. If you cant break 4 ypc with that KC passing threat youre washed.

Why would the Pats get rid of Sony Michel? He had 5.7 ypc last year?

I don’t get how 5’10” is undersized for a RB. Barry Sanders was 5’8”, Walter Payton was 5’10”, Emmitt Smith was 5’10”, Ricky Williams was 5’10”……. I’m sure if I dig deeper most of the greats were 6’ and under, I mean he could stand to gain a few pounds but 194lbs isn’t that bad. Who makes up this ****?

How can you possibly apply a 3 year rule to Bells situation? I agree if the RB was running full in regular seasons for 3 years while getting worse is one thing. But that's not Bell.
Because I think there is more to it than just wear and tear on his body.

Because I think there is more to it than just wear and tear on his body.
Fair enough. That's a different topic. What exactly with Bell deters? Is it a prima donna issue?

Fair enough. That's a different topic. What exactly with Bell deters? Is it a prima donna issue?
A little bit of that, but I can accept it if i comes with production. He also didn't really do much last year with his opportunities, so I do wonder if his "heart" is in it, and like I said, he isn't the young version of a hungry player any more.

Well, he's who we got right now so they must trust him. I think he's a good RB and hoping better O-line play along with more speed on the outside will open things up for him.
Don’t think we’re done shopping for RBs. Watch these two Sony Michel and L Bell
Why would anyone want L Bell? He had 4 ypc running in open space due to defenses having to respect TF out of Tyreek Hill.
I am so confused why anyone would want to sign Bell. There is a reason KC dropped him and no one has signed him. Helair, had 4.4 ypc in comparison. Pretty sure everyone is thinking the same thing. If you cant break 4 ypc with that KC passing threat youre washed.

Why would the Pats get rid of Sony Michel? He had 5.7 ypc last year?
This isn’t my opinion. This is cited in numerous articles. I agree on Bell but the Pats drafted Rhamondre Stevenson from OK which could make SM expendable. The Dolphins are definitely not done shopping in the RB market.
Declined option

Possible cut

Back
Top Bottom