Why the Fitz Patrick trade is ridiculous! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Fitz Patrick trade is ridiculous!

risskybzns

Active Roster
Reaction score
1568762494582.png
Why would we trust Grier and this front office to make the correct pics? In my opinion if you’re going to trade a defensive back then I trade Howard with a huge contract. if by a miracle we are better in three or four years he’ll already be 30 and will be paying him a fortune. Doesn’t it make more sense to keep a 22-year-old who can be part of the potential turn around?

I didnt want them to get rid of Fitz, but he wanted out. All 3 of them from Ross to Flores to Grier tried getting him to stay. Fitz was dead set on leaving whether we as fans liked it or not.

I didnt want them to get rid of Fitz, but he wanted out. All 3 of them from Ross to Flores to Grier tried getting him to stay. Fitz was dead set on leaving whether we as fans liked it or not.
This would make me feel a lot better about letting him go if I actually believed they tried to get him to stay. How do we know that? Did I miss that info?

This would make me feel a lot better about letting him go if I actually believed they tried to get him to stay. How do we know that? Did I miss that info?
It was said by Grier when he talked to the media. Whether it’s true or not I don’t know, I’m leaning to it being the truth.

Nobody wants a first round talent to leave, especially not someone of Minkah's character. He is a really good kid, and though he became a bit of a whiner, he's the kind of kid you want on your team. It's sad he didn't want to be here anymore because he would have been part of the solution.

It’s funny, according to media reports, Grier and Flores both tried talking him into buying into their plans to play him all over the field. Because that’s the role he’s brings the most value to the team, versatility, and why they drafted him. That’s what he did at Bama.

BUT, apparently he only wants to play slot or boundary corner. So they couldn’t see eye to eye and they don’t want an unhappy player that refuses to buy into their system. So they traded him, as requested.

The funny part is, Pittsburgh is hurting for a safety, not a corner. So he may end up playing a position for Pitt that he didn’t want to play in Miami.

As for Xavien Howard, why on earth would you want them to trade a player that’s proven to be among the very best in the league? A player that’s not crying to be traded as Minkah did? The reason X has such a large contract is because they deemed him worth it. And he is.

What's funny is Minkah is going to Pittsburgh and they will have a losing season without Rapeburger!
So we get to see him whine from week to week. Fins might get a top 5 #1 pick out of this deal.

View attachment 25410
Why would we trust Grier and this front office to make the correct pics? In my opinion if you’re going to trade a defensive back then I trade Howard with a huge contract. if by a miracle we are better in three or four years he’ll already be 30 and will be paying him a fortune. Doesn’t it make more sense to keep a 22-year-old who can be part of the potential turn around?

Why should he keep Minkah? I thought you didn't have faith in Grier and this front office to make the correct picks? ;)

If the owner cannot talk him into buying into the team's vision, what the hell do you want them to do?

Tannenbaum dumps him for a 4th...

I hear brainwashing works.

Seriously though, everyone knows the defense is based on position flexibility. Minkah came through like a used car salesman, saying he's always played multiple positions and he'll do what's asked. Now he only wants to play corner? I think he just got tired of the losses and wanted out.

It’s funny, according to media reports, Grier and Flores both tried talking him into buying into their plans to play him all over the field. Because that’s the role he’s brings the most value to the team, versatility, and why they drafted him. That’s what he did at Bama.

BUT, apparently he only wants to play slot or boundary corner. So they couldn’t see eye to eye and they don’t want an unhappy player that refuses to buy into their system. So they traded him, as requested.

The funny part is, Pittsburgh is hurting for a safety, not a corner. So he may end up playing a position for Pitt that he didn’t want to play in Miami.

As for Xavien Howard, why on earth would you want them to trade a player that’s proven to be among the very best in the league? A player that’s not crying to be traded as Minkah did? The reason X has such a large contract is because they deemed him worth it. And he is.

Yeah, not only that but the Steelers are 0-2 just like us.

Their QB is out for the year & it seems to me in all likelihood they will have both a new head coach & new QB in the next 2 years.

Minkah got what he wanted but he would have been MUCH better served you know...

just growing up and being a MAN about things.

Back
Top Bottom