Why the Fitz Patrick trade is ridiculous! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Fitz Patrick trade is ridiculous!

We are the longest, hatingest, fanbase I know...

Any player (Ajayi, Landry, Suh, Kiko, Tannehill, Tunsil, Stills...to a smaller degree Minkah) that has left this dump has gone to a better place...yet we act like they are missing the last spot on Noah's Ark for not wanting be a part of this chaos.

We have sucked...we now SUCK...so this attitude that players are leaving the next Super Bowl champ here in Miami shows a certain level of psychosis.
They could have taken a few "fans" with them!

Ummm. Howard is a sure thing. Literally one of the best CBs in the league. While Minkah still hasn’t proved he’s anything other than a slot CB. Minkah still hasn’t proved he’s “successful” portion of those percentages.
This exactly! I also found it odd that the OP said it would have been better to trade Howard due to his huge contract. Ummm... he Just got that big contract! So that means A: Just a few months ago they decided they want to keep him for a long time and build around hom, and B: If you trade him now there would be a huge cap hit.

View attachment 25410
Why would we trust Grier and this front office to make the correct pics? In my opinion if you’re going to trade a defensive back then I trade Howard with a huge contract. if by a miracle we are better in three or four years he’ll already be 30 and will be paying him a fortune. Doesn’t it make more sense to keep a 22-year-old who can be part of the potential turn around?

A first round pick for a nickle cornerback is pretty good if you ask me

They could have taken a few "fans" with them!
Yeah...especially a few new booty fans on Finheaven trying to be sarcastic...

The Army teaches passive-aggression?

Well Pittsburgh is 0-2 the last time I checked if we are going to pin the "he got tired of the losses moniker".

Except that the losing for us has been a consistent downward spiral since 2004 while the Steelers haven't had a losing season since 2003. Hell the Steelers only have 4 losing season's since 1990. Something tells me the people in charge over there know what they are doing and even though we are both 0-2 only 1 of the 2 has earned the loser moniker.

Yeah...especially a few new booty fans on Finheaven trying to be sarcastic...

The Army teaches passive-aggression?
Lol. I should get my post count up to be as relevant as you are. Been a fan and lurker longer than I care to say but thanks for the booty shout out.

Btw..it was to laugh a little. Sucks the position that we as fans are in but I've been a fan for this long. Might as well live with it....

If Pittsburgh had a healthy Big Ben I might not have been so pleased with this trade but this could easily be a top 10 pick. No brainer for me.

If the owner cannot talk him into buying into the team's vision, what the hell do you want them to do?

Tannenbaum dumps him for a 4th...

This is the ironic part in the attempt to dump **** on Grier. You have a player who wants to be traded. That is primed for a very low return because other teams know that you have to get rid of that player. If the team can't trade the player most likely that player will be cut because no team wants to carry a player through the season who just does not want to be here. It was a buyers wet dream.
But Grier turned into a seller's market. Created interested. Raised the return requirement and stood by it.

The guy turned our cap vows around in less than a couple months which other FOs might take years. And he did it by trading mediocre players with too big contracts.

But yeah, let's **** on Grier some more.

Hooray, look at all the cap space we have next year and all the draft pics but **** Grier.

I know. But gold and Rudolph should probably not be in the same stratosphere.
You will be surprised. Rudolph was my wish in the 2nd round in 2018. I was even more pissed when we got Osweiler and Ryan got hurt. Would have been valuable experience last year for Rudolph.

He may have growing pains this year but he will be the starting QB for the Steelers for years to come.

Just check out any sports site and you will see that they all think Pittsburgh made a bad trade. Minkah was no star on the field. He may develop but when you can get a first rounder for him with the possibility it may be a high pick with Ben out you make the deal. You can always trade it for a quarterback starved team in a draft that features three gems. Grier is doing it right. Its painful to watch but one year of pain is worth it for serious gain. Im not sold on Flores but the Dolphins are doing it right.

We traded a nickel back for a 1st round plus (top 15 at least) who marketed himself as rover back who play multiple positions but who could not handle the mental aspects of the pro game.

Tell me where the loss is? (except if the pick blown, however, I already considered Fitz as being a blown pick (why we pick this kind of player at #11 I will never understand).

millenials.....THAT'S the issue here, let's not beat around the bush.

Off topic, but this is crap. Not going after you personally, but the whole "The generation before calls the generation after it entitled and lazy" stuff is crap. It happened with Generation X, Generation Y, now Millennials. Here's the thing - every generation has its ***holes. Not to say that's what Minkah is, but blaming his behavior on a generational mindset is just paintbrushing the whole thing.

You will be surprised. Rudolph was my wish in the 2nd round in 2018. I was even more pissed when we got Osweiler and Ryan got hurt. Would have been valuable experience last year for Rudolph.

He may have growing pains this year but he will be the starting QB for the Steelers for years to come.

I tend to agree with this. I think the Fins get a top 10 pick out of that trade THIS year, but I suspect Rudolph will be around for a while. It's going to be more due to a lack of weapons on offense than Rudolph.

I tend to agree with this. I think the Fins get a top 10 pick out of that trade THIS year, but I suspect Rudolph will be around for a while. It's going to be more due to a lack of weapons on offense than Rudolph.
I agree. It was a really stupid deal for the Steelers to make. They should have traded for a player who will help their young QB.

Back
Top Bottom