Why the Fitz Patrick trade is ridiculous! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Fitz Patrick trade is ridiculous!

Fitzpatrick did not want to be in Miami, what was they supposed to do?
Tell him to STFU and play hard. What’s his alternative? Mail it in and not get a good 2nd contract? Perhaps they’ve determined he isn’t very good? IDK. I was saying seems like Grier has been drafting better of late but look at our 1st round picks the last 4 years - all overrated (yes Tunsil has been overrated) or flat out suck (Harris). I just hope he doesn’t draft more “safe” players who offer no game changing abilities or we will still suck.

"Yeah, not only that but the Steelers are 0-2 just like us.

Their QB is out for the year & it seems to me in all likelihood they will have both a new head coach & new QB in the next 2 years.

Minkah got what he wanted but he would have been MUCH better served you know...

just growing up and being a MAN about things."

- - - - -

Dead on. Mark my words... there will be a special game played about two or three years from now where Minkah and his new team are on the receiving end of an ass whipping at the hands of his former team... a team that'll be moving on to the playoffs... while he sits at home for a second or third year in a row... and he'll be wondering, "What if... what if." And yeah... what if you'd been a real man and shown some grit and some maturity... and loyalty. THAT moment for Minkah... is going to SUCK something awful.

If the owner cannot talk him into buying into the team's vision, what the hell do you want them to do?

Tannenbaum dumps him for a 4th...
You mean Tannenbaum trades him, and gives the team a 4th, correct??

If you’re shocked of the compensation we got for him, then you’re opinion of him is probably wrong

What I find interesting is how Minkah Fitzpatrick wanted play only Slot CB or Boundary CB. And I understand him. But he's on record after being drafted as saying he doesn't mind being used in different roles, because he's versatile. I truly understand his desire to play one position and one position only. He's been very successful at the role he was basically defaulted into last season after Tankersley was injured. He actually excelled at that role. Unfortunately there might be more to Fitzpatrick's trade request. He's now a part of the Pittsburgh Steelers who fully intend to use him as a safety, due to an to one of their players. I'm curious as to how long before he starts complaining about his role with Pittsburgh? This is the exact reason I believe he forced his way out of Miami. There is more to the story than we fans know. Let's see what happens in Pittsburgh.

View attachment 25410
Why would we trust Grier and this front office to make the correct pics? In my opinion if you’re going to trade a defensive back then I trade Howard with a huge contract. if by a miracle we are better in three or four years he’ll already be 30 and will be paying him a fortune. Doesn’t it make more sense to keep a 22-year-old who can be part of the potential turn around?

I wasn't aware Howard didn't want to be here. In my opinion, you trade the guys that don't want to be here, if you can get a solid return.

Tell him to STFU and play hard. What’s his alternative? Mail it in and not get a good 2nd contract? Perhaps they’ve determined he isn’t very good? IDK. I was saying seems like Grier has been drafting better of late but look at our 1st round picks the last 4 years - all overrated (yes Tunsil has been overrated) or flat out suck (Harris). I just hope he doesn’t draft more “safe” players who offer no game changing abilities or we will still suck.
So your strategy is to piss off an Alabama alum so he can be in Tua's ear for the next year, sulk and be a cancer in the locker room, and forego receiving a high 1st round pick because of what... spite?

Nice one, man.

So your strategy is to piss off an Alabama alum so he can be in Tua's ear for the next year, sulk and be a cancer in the locker room, and forego receiving a high 1st round pick because of what... spite?

Nice one, man.
A first round good player for an unknown - yeah. Piss off Tua? Meh?

It's not the old NFL, and these guy's can leave after 4 or 5 years and theirs nothing the team can do about it. So what Dave Hyde wrote doesn't mean crap about the guy's wanting to leave back in the day.

Just going to have to make the draft picks count, would even use some bottom picks to move up if possible. We need good and great players not average, and someone who buying into the system were running.

At worst case that should be top 15 pick and could even be better, like a top 5

A first round good player for an unknown - yeah. Piss off Tua? Meh?
He's good? He was drafted because he was versatile and a leader. Instead we got a guy who didn't want to be versatile and whined a lot about it.

You need to separate what you think you got and what you actually got. A first rounder for that is a steal.

He's good? He was drafted because he was versatile and a leader. Instead we got a guy who didn't want to be versatile and whined a lot about it.

You need to separate what you think you got and what you actually got. A first rounder for that is a steal.
He seems pretty good to me.

This would make me feel a lot better about letting him go if I actually believed they tried to get him to stay. How do we know that? Did I miss that info?
In one of Grier's interviews very recently he said that they sat Minkah down and tried their best to talk him into staying. The kid wanted out, we got back our #1 so it will hurt us this season but come draft time it's another #1 in our back pocket.

Back
Top Bottom