Why the Surtain trade hasn't happened? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Surtain trade hasn't happened?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Great news, I bet that 4th is looking better and better to Saban

You are smoking more than weed I can see. A 4th for a pro bowl young top 5 DB. Great news - I'll bet the Moss signing is looking better and better with no Surtain - right! I will laugh my back side off watching Moss rip through your secondary next season. Your 2nd rd pick will mean squat while your secondary gets ripped apart. That's okay - wait on Law - he'll be walking by camp!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Chiefs_no_1 said:

You're not getting Patrick Surtain for a 4th. Period. End of story. It's not happening. Lose that delusion immediately so you're not disappointed when you: A). don't get him- or B). get him for a 2nd. Are we clear?

Rich22 said:
You are smoking more than weed I can see. A 4th for a pro bowl young top 5 DB. Great news - I'll bet the Moss signing is looking better and better with no Surtain - right! I will laugh my back side off watching Moss rip through your secondary next season. Your 2nd rd pick will mean squat while your secondary gets ripped apart. That's okay - wait on Law - he'll be walking by camp!
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Honestly, I hope some other team steps in with a better offer just so I can have the pleasure of laughing at Carl Peterson as Moss tears his pathetic secondary a new a--hole next year. He'll be getting exactly what he deserves. And then after that, I hope he gets fired so he can contemplate what a ****** he is.

FireWrongstedt said:
Honestly, I hope some other team steps in with a better offer just so I can have the pleasure of laughing at Carl Peterson as Moss tears his pathetic secondary a new a--hole next year. He'll be getting exactly what he deserves. And then after that, I hope he gets fired so he can contemplate what a ****** he is.

Couldn't have said it better - Right On!! It's a shame because Vermeil seems like a pretty good guy but he has no shot with that sad defense. Getting a guy like Surtain is their only hope. They should be glad to not have to give up their 1st for him. He'd actually be worth it for them because without him they have no shot of doing anything. I hope Saban keeps his tough stance - what a change of pace from the Wanny days. Think Spielman will be out right after the draft? I can't imagine he can think too highly of some of his deals.

Rich22 said:
Couldn't have said it better - Right On!! It's a shame because Vermeil seems like a pretty good guy but he has no shot with that sad defense. Getting a guy like Surtain is their only hope. They should be glad to not have to give up their 1st for him. He'd actually be worth it for them because without him they have no shot of doing anything. I hope Saban keeps his tough stance - what a change of pace from the Wanny days. Think Spielman will be out right after the draft? I can't imagine he can think too highly of some of his deals.

I believe Saban will hold firm. He know's Surtain's value, and he's not going to settle in this situation. It's a 2nd or nothing. And yes, I hope Speilman is gone after the draft and Saban brings in his own player personnel guy. Either that or give the job to O'Brien.

Thats comical. Toast Woodson is cr@p.

Dolfan2788 said:
They're not going to get that because Woodson is less talented, costs more and costs more in draft picks as well. Maybe whe Surtain is off the market they will start to get some lowball offers I think.

YAY!! another aussie on the site. good to see! btw my west coast eagles beat your cats last week hehe. jks. as for this matter, NOONE will give up that type of compensation for woodson. its almost as if the entire league can't see that he's not an elite CB and that he is not worth a first rounder alone. Plus i believe Oakland is in a worse cap situation than us and will be forced to cut woodson long before we ever cut surtain. DAMMIT KC JUST FORK OUT THE SECOND ROUNDER!!!

Chiefs_no_1 said:

If woodson is worth a first then Surtain is worth this and next year's 1st's! If anything....it makes Carl rethink that getting surtain for a 2nd and 4th is a pretty fair deal for him.

Almost every report and KC fan believes getting Surtain for this "price" is a good deal for them (go look at your former #2 pick success...compared to a proven pro-bowl CB roughly 1/2 way into his career). And they're right. We know it, KC fans know it and Carl knows it. He just likes to (see history) be a PITA (pain in the ---) about trades.

dolfancoolio said:
YAY!! another aussie on the site. good to see! btw my west coast eagles beat your cats last week hehe. jks. as for this matter, NOONE will give up that type of compensation for woodson. its almost as if the entire league can't see that he's not an elite CB and that he is not worth a first rounder alone. Plus i believe Oakland is in a worse cap situation than us and will be forced to cut woodson long before we ever cut surtain. DAMMIT KC JUST FORK OUT THE SECOND ROUNDER!!!

GO ADELAIDE CROWS !

Sean LaChapelle said:
Peterson & Greasy Al hate each other. Peterson would take the chance to lose Surtain to get to Davis.

If a manager thinks like this........that manager is no good. Taking risks to get back at people is pure stupidity.

FireWrongstedt said:
I believe Saban will hold firm. He know's Surtain's value, and he's not going to settle in this situation. It's a 2nd or nothing. And yes, I hope Speilman is gone after the draft and Saban brings in his own player personnel guy. Either that or give the job to O'Brien.

I believe Saban will just hold on to him and get a first rounder for him this summer after the draft. His value goes up after the draft cus a team would be willing to give a first so they can use surtain now. I know a lot of fin fans wouldnt like that but Saban isnt in this to win big this year. He is in this to win in three years from now. He wont care if he gets a 2nd rounder this year or a first next, its all about changeing the scene and making the situation more workable to his kind of football team.

Back
Top Bottom