Why the Surtain trade hasn't happened? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Surtain trade hasn't happened?

Why are there so many chief fans here? You have your own board.
And Saban will not budge from getting a 2nd rounder. It is the only thing he has said directly, so I tend to believe him. We will keep him if we dont get one.

It is possible that the trade has already been made secretly. Pat and the chiefs have come to terms on contract. The talks of the trade are in the air with neither side talking so much....so on......They may just be waiting for draft day.

I dont understand why there is so much animosity towards dolphin fans from kc fans b/c we want a 2nd rd draft pick for a pro bowl corner. Woodson doesn't compare to surtain and you should know that if you watch football. Surtain will not be traded for a 4th, no matter who is on the market. Whether it be a overrated woodson, or a beat up Law. You will have to pay for quality this time.

I have no idea what the hell is going to happen. A million people say hes goin to KC a million say hes staying and a million like me have no clue what the hell is going on in the draft because there is to many possibilitys.

This is a shout out to canadaphinsfan who also lives in kitchener waterloo!

If Saban doesn't get the pick he wants...he already said that we'll keep Surtain and next season...we can place the franchise tag on him so we don't lose him...there its that simple.

Saban will not let Pat Surtain go at a discount...period!!!

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
If Saban doesn't get the pick he wants...he already said that we'll keep Surtain and next season...we can place the franchise tag on him so we don't lose him...there its that simple.

Saban will not let Pat Surtain go at a discount...period!!!

Go Fins!!!

exactly, saban knows how good of a CB pat is, if the KC wants him, give as a 2nd.

Its not just about the second. I think thats the part people are fogetting - Saban said he wants a #2 AND a middle round pick. I dont think he was bluffing either. IMO, Fin fans are going to be pleasantly suprised when a draft day trade takes place involving Surtain for KC's 2nd and 4th round picks.

if surtain goes for a 4th round pick...saban should be fired. surtain is my favorite dolphin and i always thought he was our most talented player. if we get a 2nd round pick, i can deal, but come on nick...you cant just give him away.

Rich22 said:
You are smoking more than weed I can see. A 4th for a pro bowl young top 5 DB. Great news - I'll bet the Moss signing is looking better and better with no Surtain - right! I will laugh my back side off watching Moss rip through your secondary next season. Your 2nd rd pick will mean squat while your secondary gets ripped apart. That's okay - wait on Law - he'll be walking by camp!
:roflmao: :roflmao:
hey phin fans, do we really need 10 people to all say that the chiefs won't get him for a 4th round pick???? durrrrrr.
and the moss crap sure gets annoying, too. whether moss plays well or not is up to moss, now who's covering him (for the most part, i know some people have stopped him, including surtain 1 game). I hope the chiefs give up 2nd round and 5th round (and maybe throw in a 6th round pick for this year) for surtain. and i'm a chiefs fan. honestly i'd laugh if blaylock ripped you guys to threads next year cuz he sucks. i think you'll be able to stop him.

you guys are way too over zealous... yes, he is worth a 2nd round pick. the chiefs DO know that. they'll do it soon, because they need to see if they can get other players as well (sharper) and who to draft. like maybe derrick johnson?
1. derrick johnson
3. CB or WR

finfan54 said:
I believe Saban will just hold on to him and get a first rounder for him this summer after the draft. His value goes up after the draft cus a team would be willing to give a first so they can use surtain now. I know a lot of fin fans wouldnt like that but Saban isnt in this to win big this year. He is in this to win in three years from now. He wont care if he gets a 2nd rounder this year or a first next, its all about changeing the scene and making the situation more workable to his kind of football team.

Excellent point and a possibility that I hadn't thought of b4.

General Grimmac said:
hey phin fans, do we really need 10 people to all say that the chiefs won't get him for a 4th round pick???? durrrrrr.
and the moss crap sure gets annoying, too. whether moss plays well or not is up to moss, now who's covering him (for the most part, i know some people have stopped him, including surtain 1 game). I hope the chiefs give up 2nd round and 5th round (and maybe throw in a 6th round pick for this year) for surtain. and i'm a chiefs fan. honestly i'd laugh if blaylock ripped you guys to threads next year cuz he sucks. i think you'll be able to stop him.

Obviously we need that many saying the same thing b/c a couple of you cheif fans come and say only a 4th rounder all day.
And you should know more than anyone Blaylock was a product of the O-line.

Back
Top Bottom