Why tip our hand? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why tip our hand?

Flores could not give less of a **** about people crying for Tua.

And what in the world does Sam Darnold have to do with anything?
That is my point actually. Flores has NEVER cared about what Fin fans think, you missed the sarcasm there.

I don't know what Sam Darnold has to do with anything either but I was referring to Aaron Donald. Sorry for the typo!

Fitz left too many points on the field this season and coaches probably got sick of seeing it on the tape.

You have 2 weeks to prep and reports are he was doing really well in practice. No brainer.
Exactly!

I think it's interesting because the Rams made the same type of move 4 years ago. Goff's first start was home against the Dolphins. I was on a trip but couldn't believe Fisher made that choice. It was a lousy situational spot for the Dolphins, after bailing out the Chargers game on the road the prior week. Back to back out there and coming off a victory. That meant the Dolphins were almost certain to be lethargic and not score many points. Seemingly the only way to give away the advantage was to start a rookie quarterback. So that's what Fisher did. And got what he deserved.

Not much defense period in the NFL in 2020. But I would expect Tua to follow the standard rookie pattern of looking better than the point production. Frustrating stalled drives. If it doesn't play out that way and he produces touchdowns immediately, then we've got something.

I think it's interesting because the Rams made the same type of move 4 years ago. Goff's first start was home against the Dolphins. I was on a trip but couldn't believe Fisher made that choice. It was a lousy situational spot for the Dolphins, after bailing out the Chargers game on the road the prior week. Back to back out there and coming off a victory. That meant the Dolphins were almost certain to be lethargic and not score many points. Seemingly the only way to give away the advantage was to start a rookie quarterback. So that's what Fisher did. And got what he deserved.

Not much defense period in the NFL in 2020. But I would expect Tua to follow the standard rookie pattern of looking better than the point production. Frustrating stalled drives. If it doesn't play out that way and he produces touchdowns immediately, then we've got something.
Was actually waiting for your take on the situationnal spot Tua will be making his first start in.

I think it would've been a SLIGHT tactical advantage if we would've just wheeled tua out with the starters. It would've gotten leaked by someone though. whether it was a practice squad player that we replace in the next two weeks, or one of our reporters trying to be Mr I know everything and announcing it, even though flores might've wanted it hush hush.

I doubt the Rams would've had to change their defensive game plan much as the game went on. I dont mean this in a negative way because we all know what we hope we are getting with Tua. Some RPO but more or less pinpoint accuracy and recognition from the pocket, or a slightly rolling the pocket. But in that regards he's still a pocket passer like Fitz.

I mentioned in the Patriots game, we were at a disadvantage because we had never seen the Patriots offense combined with a mobile QB. we had zero clue what Josh McDaniels might throw at us...run with Cam, try to make Cam throw from pocket, is it healthy armed Cam with a rocket or bad shoulder and leg Cam that throws ducks.

I figure you'll probably see a few more blitzes on tua to see how he handles the pressure of the game, where as with Fitz you can sort of sit back and allow him to shoot himself in the foot in the event Fitztragic shows up. All that just comes with basic in game play calling though and not with gameplanning a week for it.

I'm personally glad they tipped their hands though because i was planning on starting a diet monday when i got back from vacation, but now i know im going to want to smoke some wings and have me some beers for the game. I would've probably thrown my chef salad and bottle of water on our first possession if I saw Tua trot out and i had carrots in front of me that were with lettuce instead of about 30 smoked wings.

To the original point. Someone let it leak. Flo doesn’t catch me as that of a let it leak kind of a person ;) back door deal. Let’s figure out who that source was.

I think it would've been a SLIGHT tactical advantage if we would've just wheeled tua out with the starters. It would've gotten leaked by someone though. whether it was a practice squad player that we replace in the next two weeks, or one of our reporters trying to be Mr I know everything and announcing it, even though flores might've wanted it hush hush.

I doubt the Rams would've had to change their defensive game plan much as the game went on. I dont mean this in a negative way because we all know what we hope we are getting with Tua. Some RPO but more or less pinpoint accuracy and recognition from the pocket, or a slightly rolling the pocket. But in that regards he's still a pocket passer like Fitz.

I mentioned in the Patriots game, we were at a disadvantage because we had never seen the Patriots offense combined with a mobile QB. we had zero clue what Josh McDaniels might throw at us...run with Cam, try to make Cam throw from pocket, is it healthy armed Cam with a rocket or bad shoulder and leg Cam that throws ducks.

I figure you'll probably see a few more blitzes on tua to see how he handles the pressure of the game, where as with Fitz you can sort of sit back and allow him to shoot himself in the foot in the event Fitztragic shows up. All that just comes with basic in game play calling though and not with gameplanning a week for it.

I'm personally glad they tipped their hands though because i was planning on starting a diet monday when i got back from vacation, but now i know im going to want to smoke some wings and have me some beers for the game. I would've probably thrown my chef salad and bottle of water on our first possession if I saw Tua trot out and i had carrots in front of me that were with lettuce instead of about 30 smoked wings.

I can go with that. I expect the Rams gameplan will focus on defeating the OL regardless of QB

Nonsense. Not tipping our hand at all.

They have as much clue as to what will do as you!

:lol:

FYI -- there ain't no tape on NFL Tua.

Kinda like --- "now you see me

now you don't!"

where am I?

No one knows!

:woot
Yep, I was thinking the same thing, there is no tape of Tua in the NFL. Plus, as the GOAT would say, “There is no defense against a perfect pass”, Tua can throw a perfect pass!

I dont understand the logic behind tipping our hand letting the rams know that Tua will be the starter. There is zero reason to say anything. Now they can prepare for him and im sure being left vs right handed has to make a difference preparation wise .even if you p u are going to make an announcement why not wait till way closer to game day .
You new to this game??? He’ll be practicing with the starters right away, word will get out day one

I don't think is a big deal that the rams know. Teams knew Marino was starting every week. Did they stop him because they knew he was starting? No they didn't.

I see the point OP but I don’t think in the grand scheme of things it matters. IM

I was thinking the same about keeping Tua's start low key. I was also wondering if Steven Ross had a role in demanding Tua start with all the other Rookies looking decent.

Back
Top Bottom