Why Tomlin interview on Monday if Capers is locked in? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tomlin interview on Monday if Capers is locked in?

....They don't run remotely the same defense.:tantrum:

This doesn't make sense.

ONE of my concerns about this guy as well.

You know someone mentioned they hope that Wayne H. dosen't get carried away with simple answers during the first round that was admittedly more personality related than it was football related. From the comments about Wayne really taking a liking to this guy it just sounds like he did a good sell job an Wayne. I can only hope in the next round they get down to the nitty gritty and dig for details about the how rather than the who.

ONE of my concerns about this guy as well.

You know someone mentioned they hope that Wayne H. dosen't get carried away with simple answers during the first round that was admittedly more personality related than it was football related. From the comments about Wayne really taking a liking to this guy it just sounds like he did a good sell job an Wayne. I can only hope in the next round they get down to the nitty gritty and dig for details about the how rather than the who.

The how is to bring in a young energetic offensive minded head coach.

I hope we hire Brian Schottenheimer!

The how is to bring in a young energetic offensive minded head coach.

I hope we hire Brian Schottenheimer!

That's what I'm leaning towards as well.
There's quite a bit of controversy over the legitimacy of Cameron.

I'm not real keen on Carroll but I'd rather take a shot on him as well before Tomlin.

No, but your first time is always the most special they say. :lol:

HC - Mike Tomlin
OC - Brian Shotty
DC/Assistant - Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom.. Domby dooby!

Why not?

Because Schottenheimer is the property of the Jets unless we give him our head coaching job.

HC - Mike Tomlin
OC - Brian Shotty

Why not?

'Cause the league won't let us. :lol:

An assistant can't go to another team to be an assistant, has to be a promotion.

At first glance, it would seem odd to make Campers the highest paid assistant in the NFL and then turn around and hire a 'defensive minded' coach.

But someone pointed out and it has been reported that Tomlin is a very knowledgable guy who can be flexible. That could lend him to running the same scheme we ran last year and being able to work with Campers who is obviously also knowledgable. It could also be the case that Tomlin runs a different scheme than the one we ran. And the front office wants Campers to stay because he knows the players and no matter what scheme it is, he can run it well.

There can be a few reasons as to why we kept Campers and I don't think it necessarily rules out Tomlin as coach. I just hope we don't make Mularky the second highest paid coordinator in the league. In fact, I would prefer that we find another guy who likes to run the ball a lot more than Mularky does.

At first glance, it would seem odd to make Campers the highest paid assistant in the NFL and then turn around and hire a 'defensive minded' coach.

But someone pointed out and it has been reported that Tomlin is a very knowledgable guy who can be flexible. That could lend him to running the same scheme we ran last year and being able to work with Campers who is obviously also knowledgable. It could also be the case that Tomlin runs a different scheme than the one we ran. And the front office wants Campers to stay because he knows the players and no matter what scheme it is, he can run it well.

There can be a few reasons as to why we kept Campers and I don't think it necessarily rules out Tomlin as coach. I just hope we don't make Mularky the second highest paid coordinator in the league. In fact, I would prefer that we find another guy who likes to run the ball a lot more than Mularky does.

Campers :sidelol: It's Capers, and Tomlin has not been contacted for a second interview. So far the only confirmed second interview is Schottenheimer, perhaps that is why WQAM reported he is the new coach?

Calm down...the interview was set up "prior" to us JUST signing Capers to the extension a few hours ago...

Schotty will be our next HC. Bank on that!

Martz was also just told he wont be considered...

Schotty not only gives us an "offensive" minded HC, but it will also weaken the Jets as well as give us a lot of secrets about them...:wink:

Now he needs to fire Mularkey! :tongue: and take full control of the O! and let Capers have full control of the D!

:cooldude:

Very good points, that at this juncture, seems a plausible mindset of Wayne, and his marauding band of headhunters.

HC - Mike Tomlin
OC - Brian Shotty

Why not?

You know, this is the scenario I had in my head earlier. Pay Shotty double what NY gave him (or more if neccesary) and have Dom as assistant HC +DC while Tomlin becomes the man.

Young staff with some experience to look back on. A collaborative affair. This would be so nice!

Campers :sidelol: It's Capers, and Tomlin has not been contacted for a second interview. So far the only confirmed second interview is Schottenheimer, perhaps that is why WQAM reported he is the new coach?

My bad. And I read a different report saying that Tomlin is being brought in on Monday for his second interview.

My bad. And I read a different report saying that Tomlin is being brought in on Monday for his second interview.

Look at the other Schottenheimer thread theres a link to the report Tomlin himself gave in there, said noone has contacted him for a second interview.

Lets take a real chance on greatness Josh Heaupal is the Qb's coach at Oklahoma and he is only 28. We would have the youngest coach in the league lol.

....They don't run remotely the same defense.:tantrum:

This doesn't make sense.

I don't see how at age 34 Mike Tomlin is locked into any kind of defense. He'll be the head coach. DC will be the DC (kind of like RB is our starting RB).

He could allow Capers to run a 3-4 defense and he could get a OC to run any kind of offense he wants. Hes 34. Hes been a coordinator one year. In his meetings with Dom if he feels that Capers has a winning formula and players to get it done, it would be foolish to force him to change.

This teams Xs and Os hasn't been as big a problem as the losing culture brought on by a percieved softness with the Fins. We change that, it doesn't matter what kind of defense we run, we'll be successful.

I have confidence that Schottenheimer or Tomlin could change that.

HC - Mike Tomlin
OC - Brian Shotty

Why not?

Uh, because Schottenheimer is already an OC. He won't make a lateral move.

Back
Top Bottom