Why Tomlin interview on Monday if Capers is locked in? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tomlin interview on Monday if Capers is locked in?

He's probably the front runner. Casserly said that usually the 2nd round of interviews indicates the order of preference. Timlin #1, Schottenheimer #2, Cameron #3 and Gailey #4

He's probably the front runner. Casserly said that usually the 2nd round of interviews indicates the order of preference. Timlin #1, Schottenheimer #2, Cameron #3 and Gailey #4

Ok, but like the previous guy said, Capers and Tomlin have different philosophies, so I dont see the point of hiring Tomlin with Capers being awarded the DC position. I think either Schotty or Cam gets the job and I thinks its gonna be Schotty.

I'd be fine with any of the 4 other than Gailey

Tomlin or Schottenheimer would be the preference if for no other reason than to take a gamble on greatness with ideas from a young mind.

Didn't Bill Cowher start off as a Special Teams coach?

It doesn't matter what your position is. Mike Tomlin is a very knowledgeable coach. He is very fundamentally sound, and has the intelligence to direct both the offense and defense; unlike Saban who had NO CLUE about what our offense is, nor did he established any type of identity [running? passing? physical? conservative?] to his "Miami Dolphins' offense".

I'm pretty sure Belicheck calls some offensive plays for New England too. As a matter of fact, he goes to Florida University to learn more about the spread offense every offseason.

Schotty is getting the first interview

Jets offensive coordinator Schottenheimer gets second interview with Dolphins

By Alex Marvez
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted January 13 2007, 6:18 PM EST

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]The first finalist for the Dolphins' head coaching position has emerged, as New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is set for an interview Tuesday at team headquarters.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]The youngest candidate interviewed by the Dolphins, the 33-year-old Schottenheimer met last Wednesday with team officials near Jets headquarters. In his first season as an NFL offensive coordinator, Schottenheimer earned praise for operating an innovative system that helped lead the Jets (10-7) into the playoffs.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

Ok, but like the previous guy said, Capers and Tomlin have different philosophies, so I dont see the point of hiring Tomlin with Capers being awarded the DC position. I think either Schotty or Cam gets the job and I thinks its gonna be Schotty.

There's been a lot of discussion on the board about how flexible Tomlin has been with his schemes. He's reportedly a real smart cat so it may not be a big thing for him to figure out the Phins D schemes.

Retention of Capers may also have been a key point of the initial round of interviews. Whether the execs insisted on it with the candidates or the candidates mentioned it of their own volition, it's an encouraging sign that the search committee may have decided that the continuity of keeping the defense intact was a priority.

If, on the other hand, it was not discussed and the front office intends to dump their hand-picked DC on the next head coach without his input...well then that could be disastrous.

560 WQAM is reporting from there sources Shottenheimer is gonna get the job.

Schotty is getting the first interview

Jets offensive coordinator Schottenheimer gets second interview with Dolphins

By Alex Marvez
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted January 13 2007, 6:18 PM EST

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]The first finalist for the Dolphins' head coaching position has emerged, as New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is set for an interview Tuesday at team headquarters.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]The youngest candidate interviewed by the Dolphins, the 33-year-old Schottenheimer met last Wednesday with team officials near Jets headquarters. In his first season as an NFL offensive coordinator, Schottenheimer earned praise for operating an innovative system that helped lead the Jets (10-7) into the playoffs.[/FONT]

Mike Tomlin's interview is monday, Shottys is tuesday.

Have we ever had a black head coach?

No, but your first time is always the most special they say. :lol:

HC - Mike Tomlin
OC - Brian Shotty
DC/Assistant - Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom.. Domby dooby!

Why not?

....They don't run remotely the same defense.:tantrum:

This doesn't make sense.

Calm down...the interview was set up "prior" to us JUST signing Capers to the extension a few hours ago...

Schotty will be our next HC. Bank on that!

Martz was also just told he wont be considered...

Schotty not only gives us an "offensive" minded HC, but it will also weaken the Jets as well as give us a lot of secrets about them...:wink:

Now he needs to fire Mularkey! :tongue: and take full control of the O! and let Capers have full control of the D!

:cooldude:

No, but your first time is always the most special they say. :lol:

HC - Mike Tomlin
OC - Brian Shotty
DC/Assistant - Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom, Dom.. Domby dooby!

Why not?

Because Tomlin and Capers have different defensive schemes.

Back
Top Bottom