Why Tua Tagovailoa Should Start From Week 1‬ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tua Tagovailoa Should Start From Week 1‬

Should Tua start in week 1?

• Yes

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • No

Votes: 95 62.9%
  • Best QB Starts

Votes: 46 30.5%

• Total voters
We disagree. It sounds like you're projecting your opinions on Flo. No one knows his thinking. You may be right - TT may start game one, although I still think he'll have to CLEARLY beat him out - not barely. Even then, as others say, maybe Flo wants to wait 4-6 game to see how the OL gels. Maybe he'll start RF because the team has confidence in him when the game is on the line. we don't know.

In any case, there are scenarios where TT sits for reasons other than head-to-head comparison on the field.
No, I’m mocking posters comments from last year.

If he's medically cleared , and Flo is ok with him starting " health wise" no point in waiting.

Myself... i'd not play him at all or wait tell the last few games because of his health.

I get it.

But I've have heard the same things about Fitzpatrick since he started for Buffalo.

He is nothing special but will get start because he right now, allows for a honest evaluation and player growth on his side of the ball. Nothing more nothing less.
And I get what you are saying as well.

I’m just stating what I believe partly based on that I think Fitz is playing the position better than he has in the past..

I didn’t see the same mistakes I saw in the past..and I did see someone figure out how to really threat a defense constantly with his legs..That’s huge imo when a Qb understands that their legs can be an integral part of the plan to win..I did see that strategically placed by Fitz in his games..he gets it..

Tannehill never got it..

Agreed. I like Fitz. Sometimes he's amazing but it's just as likely he's chucking interceptions like they are moon pies off a Mardi Gras float. When Tua beats him out he should instantly become the starter.
Another of Fitz‘s downfalls that I saw improvement on..

imo Fitz gets into trouble because he wants to throw the ball into a tight window and he just doesn’t have that elite arm talent to get it done, but, he thinks he does..

I saw him get better at that last year, I hope he continues to understand his own strengths and weaknesses, if the window is to tight, find a lane and run..

Last edited:
If he plays in any of the preseason games he’s ready and should play. If he doesn’t start that means he couldn’t beat Fitz out. That leads to the mantra of last year, “if he can’t beat Fitz for the starting job he sucks”
do you believe that if he doesn’t start it means he couldn’t beat Fitz out?

Not sure on what planet these guys are considered successes:

• Andy Dalton- TCU, 35th overall
  • Robert Griffin III- Baylor, 2nd overall
  • Ryan Tannehill- Texas A&M, 8th overall
  • Teddy Bridgewater- Lousiville, 32nd overall
  • Derek Carr- Fresno State, 36th overall
  • Jameis Winston- Florida State, 1st overall
But it is not this one.

I think it'll come down to how Flores feels about the OL more than how he feels about the QB for week one. I doubt Flores wants to throw Tua out there with an OL that he's not sure about being able to protect Tua. Fitz will be here for one more year while you'll have Tua for the next 10 to 15 years(if he can stay healthy) so what's the rush to start Tua on week one?

It was the narrative from last years QB gurus.
I don’t believe it not even a fraction of a percentile..there are many variables in play relative to our situation and all parties involved, saying something like that tells me it’s not being really thought out that well.

I don’t believe it not even a fraction of a percentile..there are many variables in play relative to our situation and all parties involved, saying something like that tells me it’s not being really thought out that well.
Dude, It was said a 1000 times about Rosen last year.

Back
Top Bottom