Why was Coach McDaniel Not Interviewed Elsewhere? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why was Coach McDaniel Not Interviewed Elsewhere?

It is a head scratcher that no one else seemed interested in McDaniel.
I'm personally good with the McDaniel hiring, but i wanted Kellen Moore.
We haven't had a top 10 offense since the mid 90s and Moore has overseen the top offense 2 of the past 3 years; the one year he didn't was when Dak got hurt.
Moore also is a left handed QB like Tua.
It helps when you are the OC when you have great talent on the OL, as well as a top 10 QB, great receivers, and excellent RB’s.
‘Moore did a very good job with a lot of talent on offense, while MCDaniel had a top 8 offense with Jimmy Garrapolo at QB.

Personally I believe any average NFL offensive coordinator could have had similar success as Moore did with the Cowboys considering all the talent the Cowboys had on offense.

The NFL coaching carousal is somewhat of an "old boy" system, where many teams tend to go for re-treads and guys who have been assistants for years. They prefer a proven pedigree as opposed to a McD who is somewhat unproven. We have taken chances on unproven coaches such as Cammeron, Gase and the gum wrapper picker upper, with bad results. McD is a roll of the dice. He could be a Bill Walsh, or Don Shula, or one of the afore mentioned. I am very optimistic.

You are forgetting some one. Do you want to be sued for discrimination/hiring bias? /s

Another thought. McDaniel had interviewed the year before with Miami for the offensive coordinator position. SF ended up promoting him to offensive coordinator shorty after that interview.

Point is maybe McDaniel saw something he liked in his Miami interviews and visa versa. Maybe the Dolphins had the inside edge.

Of course, it's all about performance. This team has playoff talent on paper and McDaniel will likely have to be successful right away. Especially with the Sean Payton rumors we've all heard.

Did Ross wanna reboot the Odd Couple w/ Flo as Felix & McD as Oscar?

I wanted Dan Quinn, but I suspect that Dallas would actually rather let McCarthy go than Quinn (yes, I know Dallas can't block it.)

I knew very little about McDaniel, but what impressed me is the amount of praise for him that came from players as soon as he was hired. The opinions of talking heads doesn't always impress me. The opinions of players are far more valuable, imo.

I have the REAL SCOOP why coach McD was not interviewed elsewhere or even thought of as an interview candidate or even known as a possible good candidate to have an interview....oooh I said that twice.

Here is the scoop
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...ead-coach-rumors-vikings-bears-giants-texans/

Damn, wrong coach

Okay here it is
Mike McDaniel is the brain-scrambling, lane-paving offensive wizard .165637533927252095.jpeg..

And everyone knows Wizards are found everywhere and very welcome in FloridaUnknown-1.jpeg

I can’t remember being this excited about a new Dolphins coach since, perhaps, Jimmy Johnson. The fact that it only took him a few weeks to build a better offense and coaching staff than Flores ever did in 3 years is amazing and encouraging. That being said, there’s a very real chance he could be a weak link regardless of the excitement and it makes me a bit nervous that not a single other team interviewed him.

Is it known why that’s the case? The excitement level is through the roof with McCoaching but, apparently, only in the fanbase. That excitement didn’t seem to be there as teams searched for their HC’s this off-season and I’m worried they knew something we didn’t. Aside from not having prior HC experience, is there anything that kept every NFL team that needed a HC away from him?
Maybe WE knew something they didn't? :shrug:

He complained about being used in the RB role. He made waves about getting traded because of it. He wants a new contract so like I said (Fair or not).

He didn't necessarily complain. He just said he wants to be a pure WR going forwards and he's never said ANYTHING bad about McDaniel

McDaniel was highly regarded in every NFL circle. I don't remember anything negative until Chris "I'm brain dead" Simms and Mike "**** Off" Florio started siring **** up.

Then the bullshit Tom Brady / Sean Payton articles started flowing. Poppy****!

I have the REAL SCOOP why coach McD was not interviewed elsewhere or even thought of as an interview candidate or even known as a possible good candidate to have an interview....oooh I said that twice.

Here is the scoop
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...ead-coach-rumors-vikings-bears-giants-texans/

Damn, wrong coach

Okay here it is
Mike McDaniel is the brain-scrambling, lane-paving offensive wizard .View attachment 110971..

And everyone knows Wizards are found everywhere and very welcome in FloridaView attachment 110973

Are they wearing "dunce hats"? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom