Why was Robert Ford fired while Keith Armstrong and Tony Wise weren't? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why was Robert Ford fired while Keith Armstrong and Tony Wise weren't?

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
While I did not necessarily disagree with the firing of Robert Ford, he was not the assistant who was the most deserving of getting fired. By watching the team this year, it was quite obvious that two coaches were more deserving of losing their job. The offensive line played poorly and they had bad technique. The offensive line played worse than any other unit on the team but Tony Wise wasn't fired. This guy just isn't a good offensive line coach and I believe he kept his job because of his friendship with Wanny. Special teams were also pretty bad this year. Coverage on punt returns was alright, and coverage on kick returns was alright as well (Mare had a lot of touchbacks which really helped us). Returns on both punts and kicks were pretty bad, while kicking and punting were average (I don't think Turk even averaged 40 yards a punt although he did get it inside the 20 a lot). Armstrong, however, kept his job, even though the special teams were not special for another year and never have been since he took over.

Maybe we should go after the OL coach that coached the line in 2002 when they had an 1,800 yard rusher and gave up very few sacks.

Oh, wait. That was Tony Wise.

I think Wise is doing the best he can with the scrubs that Wanni is providing him with.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
While I did not necessarily disagree with the firing of Robert Ford, he was not the assistant who was the most deserving of getting fired. By watching the team this year, it was quite obvious that two coaches were more deserving of losing their job. The offensive line played poorly and they had bad technique. The offensive line played worse than any other unit on the team but Tony Wise wasn't fired. This guy just isn't a good offensive line coach and I believe he kept his job because of his friendship with Wanny. Special teams were also pretty bad this year. Coverage on punt returns was alright, and coverage on kick returns was alright as well (Mare had a lot of touchbacks which really helped us). Returns on both punts and kicks were pretty bad, while kicking and punting were average (I don't think Turk even averaged 40 yards a punt although he did get it inside the 20 a lot). Armstrong, however, kept his job, even though the special teams were not special for another year and never have been since he took over.

Because Armstrong is one of the EBST ST coaches in the NFL. Tony Wise is also one of the BEST o-line coaches there is.

As far Ford, this firing is years too late as far as I'm concerned. The guy was always junk. He only took one of his WR's to a higher level with McDuffie, and that was only because Marino had to force feed McDuffie to do it. Look at what he's done with Chambers. Chambers has totally underachieved, and you have to hold Ford to task for that.

Wanny is the HC, and he has to have the ppl he wants to work with. Anything short of that would only hurt this teams chances to win a title.

Oliver...

Originally posted by DolFan31
What happened after? And Wannestadt is at fault for not upgrading the line.

Exactly, that's why Wanny was removed from those responsibilities. As far as I know Ford can do only one thing. Coach WR's to under achieve. So why keep him?

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom