Why We _ Itch After Losses | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why We _ Itch After Losses

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As a psychologist, I want to remind everyone on the board that venting is a very natural thing we should all do when we feel exasperated. Most of us on this board feel very passionate about our Dolphins, and we get very upset when they lose or play badly. I think it is particularly difficult when you consider the vaunted history of the Dolphins. There is NO team in the NFL like the Dolphins.

The Packers have Vince Lombardi, but we have Shula, who is the winningest coach of all time. The 49'ers have Montana and the Broncos have Elway, but we have the greatest QB of all time, at least statistically. We are the ONLY team to ever have a perfect season, and we are the winningest NFL team of all time in the modern era. There is such pride attached to being a fan of this team that it hurts deeply to watch this team deteriorate, as it did under Dave Wannstedt. Unfortunately, it will take some time for the stench to blow away and each Sunday we lose; it reminds us of that fact.

For the fans of this board who hate to read the "negative" stuff, you are either unconcerned or repressing your true feelings. How can you be anything but frustrated by the way we have played lately? I agree.....we don't need to trade everyone and fire all the coaches, but venting is often irrational and impractical. We just have to blow off some smoke and let our anger out. By Sunday, we are ready to watch another game, but most of us long for the days when this franchise was special, and we were proud to call ourselves Dolfans. Here's to the quick return of those glory days.

Well I'm not a Psychologist, but I am a dolphan fan and have been since 1970, I've seen some of the bad and a lot of the good. And hurts so much every time we lose but never ever have i given up on MY- TEAM. Those days we lose i hurt so much on the inside, I'm mad I'm totally upset, but as the clock keeps ticking I start to mellow out some. I don't want to watch sportscenter or the NFL channel because i don't want to hear about how we played so badly. So i just stay away from those channels for a few days, and then it starts all over again Who do we play this week what are there good points and bad points. How do we go about beating them this week I start thinking all that stuff all over again. I start paying attention to who's hurt on there team and on ours. and now i start listing to those channels again and i listen to what all those dolphin hater say about our team. Its a never ending cycle durning football season. My wife just cracks up over me. But she is totally use and prepared for football season, and amoung other things thats one of the things i love her for. (Her Patiences). I want to say when we do win I watch every single sports station i can just so that i can sit there and say Were not so bad are we!!!!!!!

I agree with you somewhat... Venting you say is often irrational and impractical? And how do justify that do those of us who just simply refuse to read threads like: Ronnie sucks, and fire Saban are unconcerned, or repressing our true feelings?

Back
Top Bottom