Why we dont need to draft a quarterback | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we dont need to draft a quarterback

We are committed to Daunte. We have yet to see a fully healthy and fully aware Daunte.

Like 'em or hate 'em, the real injustice would be to toss him on the scrap heap after 1/2 season with a bum knee. It's not like Daunte forgot how to play football. Sheesh, calm down people.

I believe we need to draft a QB, but, not in the 1st. Not on the first day. First day picks come with too much pressure.

We need this organization worried about making Daunte the best he can be. The last thing we need is some pet project QB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round that makes the fans groan when Daunte throws an INT. The team and the fans need to be on the same page.

Draft a kid in the 5th or 6th to be our QB3. Cleo will bail us out if something goes wrong. But, the last thing a new coach needs at this point is a contraversy brewing in the media.

You people have no idea what you are asking for. Is it Huard or Fiedler? Feeley or Fiedler? Lucas or Fiedler?

I recall bashers witching and woaning when Fiedler was here. Then, when "their guy" finally got a chance (pick any of the army that came through here) and landed flat on his face... they suddenly realized Fiedler won games and wanted him back.

Daunte's our man. For better or for worse. But at least give it a chance.

And might I add another point... Would the geniuses wanting a QB please tell me who's gonna play LT? So after the first snap of the ball in Week 1 our "new young Franchise QB" doesn't get his head ripped off from a blindside sack.

BUILD THE D@M! LINE THEN GET A QB!

You people must build houses starting with the roof.

Think of the QB as the site foreman.

Cleo, and Culpepper have both been here long enough to be what we need them to be. Culpepper has a hell of an arm and size and surely he is improving his accuracy.
We are all deathly aware and afraid our defence is becoming to old, We have to keep that defence youthful via draft. Anyone with confidence, athleticism, and ability to throw a ball through a tire while mobile can have their moment(s) in the NFL.

We are committed to Daunte. We have yet to see a fully healthy and fully aware Daunte.

Like 'em or hate 'em, the real injustice would be to toss him on the scrap heap after 1/2 season with a bum knee. It's not like Daunte forgot how to play football. Sheesh, calm down people.

I believe we need to draft a QB, but, not in the 1st. Not on the first day. First day picks come with too much pressure.

We need this organization worried about making Daunte the best he can be. The last thing we need is some pet project QB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round that makes the fans groan when Daunte throws an INT. The team and the fans need to be on the same page.

Draft a kid in the 5th or 6th to be our QB3. Cleo will bail us out if something goes wrong. But, the last thing a new coach needs at this point is a contraversy brewing in the media.

You people have no idea what you are asking for. Is it Huard or Fiedler? Feeley or Fiedler? Lucas or Fiedler?

I recall bashers witching and woaning when Fiedler was here. Then, when "their guy" finally got a chance (pick any of the army that came through here) and landed flat on his face... they suddenly realized Fiedler won games and wanted him back.

Daunte's our man. For better or for worse. But at least give it a chance.

And might I add another point... Would the geniuses wanting a QB please tell me who's gonna play LT? So after the first snap of the ball in Week 1 our "new young Franchise QB" doesn't get his head ripped off from a blindside sack.

BUILD THE D@M! LINE THEN GET A QB!

You people must build houses starting with the roof.

All I can say is thank God you're not in charge of picking players for the Miami Dolphins, and Randy Mueller is.

Why do you people keep defending a washed up QB with a bum knee.

He has done nothing for the Miami Dolphins.

Time to burn the bridge buddy! Get over it. He sucks!

I'm not defending him.

I never said he was a Pro Bowl QB.

I simply said, let's look at what we have before we throw it away.

Give Daunte 1 year with a healthy leg and time to develop a repoire with his receivers. THEN, let's see.

Look at it this way, if he fails miserably, we'll get a Top 5 draft pick. JUST the pick we need to really have a shot at a top QB prospect.

At 9, we'd have to sell off the whole farm just to get into the Top 5. Or sit, cross our fingers and hope someone falls to us.

Keep hoping.

I have read a number of threads on here stating why the Dolphins need to take Russell or Quinn if they fall to us. I have always been of the belief that drafting a quarterback high in the draft leaves a team vulnerable and in a position where they have to play them even if they dont have the talent to be starting in the NFL. Miami has way more problems than quarterback and with more weapons and a solid offensive line can win with the quarterbacks currently on the roster. Grossman is in the Super Bowl, Dilfer won it and I can go on with others who were not high picks or that good. Look how long it took Manning to get to the Super Bowl and it wasnt because of him, but his defense stepping up.

This article backs up my thoughts perfectly....http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6407854

The Fins have too many other needs on offense and defense and would be best suited to either draft best player available on defense or go with one of the top receivers besides Ginn Jr., who has too many flaws to be a top 10 pick.

You can make the argument either way. Grossman was a top 10 pick, I believe. Peyton Manning's defense didn't outscore the Patriots. Philip Rivers helped lead his team to a 14-2 record.

It all depends on Culpepper, in my opinion. If Cameron thinks he's capable of running his offense well, then you might go somewhere else with the first pick and hedge your bet by drafting one later. If Cameron has any doubt about Culpepper, then chances are you don't screw around with projects.

All I can say is thank God you're not in charge of picking players for the Miami Dolphins, and Randy Mueller is.

Really...

So you think we need to invest ANOTHER draft pick in a QB right NOW?

So, Mr. GM, you've spent 3 draft picks on the 3 QB's on your roster in the past 2 years. How well do you think the other 50 rosters spots are going to fair if we keep chucking draft picks out the window EVERY year.

I'm glad you're not GM.

The Houston Texans hired David Carr. The most sacked QB in his tenure in the NFL. Gee, that foreman did a great job on his back.

The Texans haven't been working overtime to get him a foundation either.

I think Miami should do whatever it takes to find a QB. Even if it means drafting one in the first round every year and signing one in free agency.
That should do well for our salary cap!!!
lets field 11 qb's and rotate each down, hell where is Spurrier when you need him!!!

Really...

So you think we need to invest ANOTHER draft pick in a QB right NOW?

So, Mr. GM, you've spent 3 draft picks on the 3 QB's on your roster in the past 2 years. How well do you think the other 50 rosters spots are going to fair if we keep chucking draft picks out the window EVERY year.

I'm glad you're not GM.

This team needs a FRANCHISE CALIBER QB more than anything else. How hard is this to understand?? IF Quinn is there- which he might be- you take him. If there's a reasonable offer to trade up, you listen. That's it. Culpepper hangs around for a year or two while Quinn learns. This is the way you do it in the NFL. This team may have a lot of holes, but there is not one hole that needs to be adressed more than the future of the franchise at the most important position on the field. Understood?

BS. People say this **** every year. "Oh, maybe one year, but not this year. We have too many other holes", blah, blah, blah. IMO- there is no argument or debate on this issue whatsoever. If Quinn is there we take him. No ifs ands or buts about it. The guy has excelled in a pro-style offense, and studied under an accomplished NFL guy in Weiss. He makes the throws and is smart. If you don't think he's worth taking at 9, you need your head examined.
damn bro, you need a hug!

Miami has way more problems than quarterback and with more weapons and a solid offensive line can win with the quarterbacks currently on the roster. Grossman is in the Super Bowl, Dilfer won it and I can go on with others who were not high picks or that good.
quote]

Both Grossman and Dilfer were both first round draft picks.

I think Quinn has that extra quality that you need in a QB.. his arm may not be Marino like, but his pocket presence and composure are that of a Brady.

I SAY TAKE QUINN IF HES THERE.

Why do you people keep defending a washed up QB with a bum knee.

He has done nothing for the Miami Dolphins.

Time to burn the bridge buddy! Get over it. He sucks!

He sucks?

I don't understand the logic there. He played what...4 or 5 games with Miami and took such a butt whippin cuz the o-line didn't protect him... Sacked like 19 times in that stretch... and that is him coming back early from major knee surgery.

Suck??......I don't think so. Way to keep believing.

Back
Top Bottom