Why we dont need to draft a quarterback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we dont need to draft a quarterback

islanddolphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have read a number of threads on here stating why the Dolphins need to take Russell or Quinn if they fall to us. I have always been of the belief that drafting a quarterback high in the draft leaves a team vulnerable and in a position where they have to play them even if they dont have the talent to be starting in the NFL. Miami has way more problems than quarterback and with more weapons and a solid offensive line can win with the quarterbacks currently on the roster. Grossman is in the Super Bowl, Dilfer won it and I can go on with others who were not high picks or that good. Look how long it took Manning to get to the Super Bowl and it wasnt because of him, but his defense stepping up.

This article backs up my thoughts perfectly....http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6407854

The Fins have too many other needs on offense and defense and would be best suited to either draft best player available on defense or go with one of the top receivers besides Ginn Jr., who has too many flaws to be a top 10 pick.

No, it's time for Miami to draft their own franchise QB. Just trust the scouts. If they're not good enough then they won't take them there. If they are than Miami should absolutely draft a QB. Any player taken could be a bust so this is a moot point.

I think Miami should do whatever it takes to find a QB. Even if it means drafting one in the first round every year and signing one in free agency.

Yeah let's keep doing what we have been for the past 5-6 years. It's worked out so well for us.

No, it's time for Miami to draft their own franchise QB. Just trust the scouts. If they're not good enough then they won't take them there. If they are than Miami should absolutely draft a QB. Any player taken could be a bust so this is a moot point.

Ya, but there might not be any franchise QB's in this draft. You don't take a QB just to take a QB. At some point they will need to draft a QB. It just might not be this year because there might not be anybody worth taking at #9.

islanddolphin said:
I have read a number of threads on here stating why the Dolphins need to take Russell or Quinn if they fall to us. I have always been of the belief that drafting a quarterback high in the draft leaves a team vulnerable and in a position where they have to play them even if they dont have the talent to be starting in the NFL. Miami has way more problems than quarterback and with more weapons and a solid offensive line can win with the quarterbacks currently on the roster.

IMO we need to finally draft our future franchise QB, and if Cam feels like Russell or Quinn is the guy and either actually fall to us at #9 (which I seriously don't see happening) then I say pull the trigger. However, I also agree with you that we have many other areas of need to fill, so if both are in fact gone by our pick, which more than likely they will be, we need to address our other holes in the first two rounds. I personally would like to see us pick up Stanton in the 3rd if he falls that far.

I have read a number of threads on here stating why the Dolphins need to take Russell or Quinn if they fall to us. I have always been of the belief that drafting a quarterback high in the draft leaves a team vulnerable and in a position where they have to play them even if they dont have the talent to be starting in the NFL. Miami has way more problems than quarterback and with more weapons and a solid offensive line can win with the quarterbacks currently on the roster. Grossman is in the Super Bowl, Dilfer won it and I can go on with others who were not high picks or that good. Look how long it took Manning to get to the Super Bowl and it wasnt because of him, but his defense stepping up.

This article backs up my thoughts perfectly....http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6407854

The Fins have too many other needs on offense and defense and would be best suited to either draft best player available on defense or go with one of the top receivers besides Ginn Jr., who has too many flaws to be a top 10 pick.

Great minds think alike you might say... But WE NEED A QB!!

IMO we need to finally draft our future franchise QB, and if Cam feels like Russell or Quinn is the guy and either actually fall to us at #9 (which I seriously don't see happening) then I say pull the trigger. However, I also agree with you that we have many other areas of need to fill, so if both are in fact gone by our pick, which more than likely they will be, we need to address our other holes in the first two rounds. I personally would like to see us pick up Stanton in the 3rd if he falls that far.

I don't think stanton will make it out of the 1st round-early 2nd. No way he is still around in the 3rd.

Mr772 said:
I don't think stanton will make it out of the 1st round-early 2nd. No way he is still around in the 3rd.

You're probably right, just wishful thinking on my part...:wink:

I'm still depressed Brohm didn't declare...:(

Miami has way more problems than quarterback

QB is the most important postion on a team. A QB can get you points, drain the clock, keep the oppossing offense off the field, strike fear in the scheme of defenses days before the coin toss, etc. There's no worse position to have problems at.

Rex Grossman, early on in the season, before he went into a slump, was having a banner year. You are currently watching that same Rex Grossman in the playoffs.

We need a QB. We've needed one for 8 years.

Were I a team competing for a division title, conference championship, or Superbowl, the last quarterbacks I would want on my team are Grossman and Dilfer. No one in their right mind passes up the chance for a top-notch signal caller just because they have a strong defense and running game, which may or may not get them enough victories to bring home a championship. Minnesota thought they were just fine with an aging Johnson and a reworked defense, and though their domination in run defense kept some contests close, the complete lack of offense, turnovers, and the worst pass defense in the NFL has them picking before the Dolphins in this years draft. If Quinn or Russel are available at 9, there'd better be a higher-ranked player available there to pass on them.

No need to get a qb if we want the #1 pick in next years draft.......

We're still feeling the effects of not drafting Brees,so if Quinn falls,do what it takes to get him.If not take Staton
with our 2nd .

Ya, but there might not be any franchise QB's in this draft. You don't take a QB just to take a QB. At some point they will need to draft a QB. It just might not be this year because there might not be anybody worth taking at #9.

BS. People say this **** every year. "Oh, maybe one year, but not this year. We have too many other holes", blah, blah, blah. IMO- there is no argument or debate on this issue whatsoever. If Quinn is there we take him. No ifs ands or buts about it. The guy has excelled in a pro-style offense, and studied under an accomplished NFL guy in Weiss. He makes the throws and is smart. If you don't think he's worth taking at 9, you need your head examined.

Back
Top Bottom