Why we shouldn't get Mike Martz... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we shouldn't get Mike Martz...

any man that says turnovers don't matter as an OC needs not to be our coach..lol

Look, I can't argue that Mike Martz is probably one of the best offesnive coordinators in the league.....but that's where it ends.

There are some coaches that are good at what they do, but that's it.... and Mike Martz is one of them.Mike Martz is an excellent OC and can make wonders with an underachieving offense, but he is HORRIBLE when it comes to coaching a team.

He falls under the category of another Dave Wanstetd, Norv Turner, Marty Morningwheg, Dick Jauron, Gregg Williams, etc. These guys may look like genuises when it comes to calling or creating plays, but become lame ducks when it comes to head coaching and taking the reigns of a team. Before we hire Wanstetd, there was a website built by bears fans explaining how Wanny destoyed their team and all his past failures as a head coach for the Bears, they even went on to warn us of how bad of a coach he was and why we shouldn't hire him....we should've listened. I wish I could remember the web address so I could post it, but i don't remember what it was.

Anyway, here are 2 websites I found by Rams fans that wanted to fire Martz when he was coaching St. Louis.....

http://firemartz.com/

http://dumpmartz.com/default.aspx

Here are a few quotes from http://dumpmartz.com/default.aspx...

dont know if you guys ever been to this site

http://www.firedavewannstedt.com/oldindex.htm

ever 1 in here is entitled to there thoughts and but imo i think Martz is the right man this job.If he doesnt get it so be it but in many posts i have said from the outset that i would like him to be the HC.If not him then who else ?? Cameron ? every 1 is compaining about his Indiana coaching record 18-37...Rivera ?? too little experience ?? Ryan ?? some people said its the players not him or that they hated his father so it would be hard to root for him...Chow perhaps..that was quicky shoot down and that leaves us with who ??? no matter the choice phins management makes lets all agree together now that only about 50 % r gonna be happy..it seems that is proble the only thing were gonna come to an agreement on all off-season phin fans

ever 1 in here is entitled to there thoughts and but imo i think Martz is the right man this job.If he doesnt get it so be it but in many posts i have said from the outset that i would like him to be the HC.If not him then who else ?? Cameron ? every 1 is compaining about his Indiana coaching record 18-37...Rivera ?? too little experience ?? Ryan ?? some people said its the players not him or that they hated his father so it would be hard to root for him...Chow perhaps..that was quicky shoot down and that leaves us with who ??? no matter the choice phins management makes lets all agree together now that only about 50 % r gonna be happy..it seems that is proble the only thing were gonna come to an agreement on all off-season phin fans

Given we will never find the perfect candidate, but if we decide to make a decision, I'd rather shoot in the dark with a non-proven HC, than elect a previously failed coach...

There has yet to be a Martz supporeter to explain to me why he is a good candiate for Head Coach....everyone keeps saying "because he will turn the offense around"....that is not a good explanation....we are hiring him as HC, not as the OC....explain to me what exactly did he do as a HC to deserve the job??? Horrible draft picks???

Read it and weep boys.....

Can anyone name someone making the Pro Bowl since Martz has been controlling the draft for the Rams? He has had some minor and major issues with his players. Some of his players just don't like him. If the players don't believe in what the coach is doing then you get a 7-9 record, even with all the talent on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, he looks like the ******* son of Jabba the Hut.

http://sportscrack.com/mikemartz.html

Look, I can't argue that Mike Martz is probably one of the best offesnive coordinators in the league.....but that's where it ends.

There are some coaches that are good at what they do, but that's it.... and Mike Martz is one of them.Mike Martz is an excellent OC and can make wonders with an underachieving offense, but he is HORRIBLE when it comes to coaching a team.

He falls under the category of another Dave Wanstetd, Norv Turner, Marty Morningwheg, Dick Jauron, Gregg Williams, etc. These guys may look like genuises when it comes to calling or creating plays, but become lame ducks when it comes to head coaching and taking the reigns of a team. Before we hire Wanstetd, there was a website built by bears fans explaining how Wanny destoyed their team and all his past failures as a head coach for the Bears, they even went on to warn us of how bad of a coach he was and why we shouldn't hire him....we should've listened. I wish I could remember the web address so I could post it, but i don't remember what it was.

Anyway, here are 2 websites I found by Rams fans that wanted to fire Martz when he was coaching St. Louis.....

http://firemartz.com/

http://dumpmartz.com/default.aspx

Here are a few quotes from http://dumpmartz.com/default.aspx...

Trust me fellow finfans, we don't want to be in this same position a few years down the road....we should've learned from our mistakes with the Wanny era....We don't want Mike Martz.

Did any of those Coaches lead their team to a SB as a head coach? Or had one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the game as a head coach. So, now you are comparing Dave, Morningwheg, Jauron, Williams to Martz? He actually accomplished something as a head coach. (During his five full seasons (2000-2004) as the Rams head coach, Martz accumulated a record of 51-29 (.638) in the regular season and 54-33 (.621) overall. Only five coaches in NFL history have more regular season wins in their first five seasons. Prior to the 2005 season, Martz had the fourth-best regular season record among active coaches. His 24 wins during his first two seasons (2000-2001) is the third highest in NFL history, and his 43 regular season wins during his first four seasons as head coach is tied for the third highest in league history. The same Martz that didn't lose many games to any of these coaches. Just FYI Martz has a better winning percentage than all those you mention. And what exactly did the Rams accomplish prior to his arrival and since his departure ? Sounds more like a bunch of Sour fans to me. Let him bring us to a SB and see how much time I give him. The Rams sole problems were the scheme and the players they chose on the D..

Trust me fellow fin fans, Dave Wannstedt couldn't hold Martz Jock strap, with his three straight runs and a cloud of dust offense, and his conservative man to man defense, which team always figured out later on in the year because its always the samething. And remember how Martz motivate his team after the comments Gardner made. I recall just saying to myself why couldn't we be this lucky to have a coach like that. Did they even punt in that game? That game was over at half time, and this was with our so call top D..Just comparing him to wannsted made this post mute in my honest opionion. Please give me a reason why the other candidates are my qualify than him?? Now, don't get me wrong because i know he's not coming here, but just explain to me..

[/B]

Did any of those Coaches lead their team to a SB as a head coach? Or had one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the game as a head coach. So, now you are comparing Dave, Morningwheg, Jauron, Williams to Martz? He actually accomplished something as a head coach. (During his five full seasons (2000-2004) as the Rams head coach, Martz accumulated a record of 51-29 (.638) in the regular season and 54-33 (.621) overall. Only five coaches in NFL history have more regular season wins in their first five seasons. Prior to the 2005 season, Martz had the fourth-best regular season record among active coaches. His 24 wins during his first two seasons (2000-2001) is the third highest in NFL history, and his 43 regular season wins during his first four seasons as head coach is tied for the third highest in league history. The same Martz that didn't lose many games to any of these coaches. Just FYI Martz has a better winning percentage than all those you mention. And what exactly did the Rams accomplish prior to his arrival and since his departure ? Sounds more like a bunch of Sour fans to me. Let him bring us to a SB and see how much time I give him. The Rams sole problems were the scheme and the players they chose on the D..

No none of those coaches lead their teams to a superbowl, but none of those coaches inherited a super bowl team like Martz did either, let alone a 2-time superbowl team.

Dave Wanstetd 5 year career with the Miami Dolphins was 42-31....just 2 losses shy of Martz....so please elaborate on exactly what Martz actually accomplished something.

name someone making the Pro Bowl since Martz controlled the draft for the Rams?

for starters he toke a team to the super bowl..and yeah u can say it was still vermeil teams but he and only he is the 1 to get them there..he devolped bulger..he practically made him into a star and look what he did with kitna....he also won a road playoff game vs the seahwaks and not mnay current coaches can say they have done that....and every 1 is saying his draft stunk well was sabans draft this year wasnt any good..i dont wanna hear about projects like rod wright or allen..lets be honest this draft was garbage..im also not saying he should have total control make him just head coach...as far as players hating him that stuff happens look when saban was here u all thought every player loved him well now u see players such as roth,frerrotte and others have riped into him even manny wrights parents...what u have in martz is a go-getter..i want a coach to go for it on 4 and 1 from my 5 when we have nothing to play for..that was awfull and then the following vs the colts 4th and 3 and 4th and 5 from the 17 and 15 this guy is doing fg's ...well good riddance...martz is the right man for the job..need i say more...joke of this is he proble wont be ...but i take it from talking or reading what others have written here some of u think pete carroll is the answer to this team...havent u learned that college coaches cant cut it and giving that guy the job when he couldnt cut it in either jet land or pat land is a mistake but well see..if martz isnt 1 of the 5 finalists on this team then it is a joke if u ask me

No none of those coaches lead their teams to a superbowl, but none of those coaches inherited a super bowl team like Martz did either, let alone a 2-time superbowl team.

Dave Wanstetd 5 year career with the Miami Dolphins was 42-31....just 2 losses shy of Martz....so please elaborate on exactly what Martz actually accomplished something.

name someone making the Pro Bowl since Martz controlled the draft for the Rams?

Until he got their in "99 the Rams were probably the worst team in the entire league!! After he got there they became the most dominant offensive team in the history of the game. What the hell are you talking about? If he did with Vermeil's players, who the hell did Dave do it with > Can you say Jimmy Johnson players. He took his team to the Superbowl and went to the playoffs every year as a head coach, that's what he accomplished. Come on man, if you took a poll with leading GM's who they would rather have as a coach, do you honestly think anyone would pick Wanstache over Martz???

If he had a losing record at USC, or Notre dame or something, then fine. You would be allowed to use that for arguement. But Indiana University? No. you cant.

As for his offensive talent, i feel we have a lot of wasted talent on offense too. Cameron knows how to get the best out of his players, and more importantly, he knows how to get his big time players the ball when it matters most. If we brought cameron in, im positive we'd send at least one, if not more then one of our 'skilled' players to the pro bowl.

While you can't disagree with the fact that he did coach the IU team, you also have to realize the fact that is his only head coaching experience. He may be no different than having Martz as a coach. The only head coaching we have to look at from his past is not good. There is nothing that even remotely points to him being a good head coach.

Back
Top Bottom