Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back?

But there is also verified stories that Flo tired to trade back up into first for Holland. To a pick where those backs were still available
I can only go by what actually happened.

Seeing AP in a Dolphins jersey would've been nice. I'm a huge fan of his. He ran 4.0 YPC last year your Detroit which isn't bad.

To be honest, I see the situation like this.

There were really only two (possibly three) backs that might have made a difference in this year's draft. WR, and pass rusher were way higher on the priority list, and those backs were gone when we picked Holland.
Holland was a great pick, not going to deny that. But we haven’t invested in the position, and results have been predictable. We’ll see how it goes this year. I get the position isn’t valued like it was in the 90’s, but sometimes I feel like we’ve devalued it too much.

Remember, there's a reason these guys are available.
Because they aren't Nick Chubb or Derrick Henry? Because they have the same skill set as other guys on the roster they were cut from, and teams wanted to differentiate their backfields in a numbers game?

Holland was a great pick, not going to deny that. But we haven’t invested in the position, and results have been predictable. We’ll see how it goes this year. I get the position isn’t valued like it was in the 90’s, but sometimes I feel like we’ve devalued it too much.
We have to stop labeling guys as a great pick before we've seen them do anything in the league. I'm excited about the potential that Holland has, and think given the situation his pick made sense. But we don't know what this guy is gonna do yet.

We have to stop labeling guys as a great pick before we've seen them do anything in the league. I'm excited about the potential that Holland has, and think given the situation his pick made sense. But we don't know what this guy is gonna do yet.
It’s just a projection, and it’s normal.

How is it bad for a fan to project? Right sometimes, wrong sometimes…just like the experts.
But when we say "great pick" it's not projecting, its passing judgement. Saying a player could end up being a good/great player is projecting. But saying a draft pick was a great pick when neither the player in question nor the other players that would have been available and expected to be drafted around the same position have yet to even play a regular season game, that's premature judgement.

But when we say "great pick" it's not projecting, its passing judgement. Saying a player could end up being a good/great player is projecting. But saying a draft pick was a great pick when neither the player in question nor the other players that would have been available and expected to be drafted around the same position have yet to even play a regular season game, that's premature judgement.
You do you.

As you point out the defense gave up more yards passing and they had no answer in stopping Murray when he decided to run the ball.
While the defense did have a TD, it was Tua and the Dolphins offense which kept the team in the game as Murray was able to do what he wanted against the Dolphins defense throughout the game.

Tua played a good but not great game but he also did nothing that would have caused the Dolphins to lose the game. As great as Murray played in the game, he didn’t play against Tua, he made his plays against the Dolphins defense. Also, Tua was making on his 2nd career start in the NFL while Murray
had been a starter for the entire 2019 season plus all the games leading up to game against the Dolphins in 2020. Therefore you would expect Murray
to be the better QB at that point in both their careers.
Murray will be better at every point, as will Herbert. You guys hold onto one NICE game. It's like getting excited over a bunt single and saying, "see he's phenomenal."

Just reported again that we called the league office on Deshaun Watson's status and the deal didn't go through because of asking price. If you think our coaches and staff aren't regretting that choice, you're missing all the signs.

Why? He looks like an excellent prospect, definitely has demonstrated reasons for optimism.

Back
Top Bottom