Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back?

And why is that? Because some fans think they should?
Because under Flores they've finished 32nd and 22nd in the league in total rushing yards, and 31st and 29th in yards per carry. And they only attempt they've made to improve a until that is easily in the bottom half or bottom quarter of the league is to add a middling backup running back who has been in the league for years.

Because under Flores they've finished 32nd and 22nd in the league in total rushing yards, and 31st and 29th in yards per carry. And they only attempt they've made to improve a until that is easily in the bottom half or bottom quarter of the league is to add a middling backup running back who has been in the league for years.
Well until they fix the OL that won't change.

It's a team game. The Phins out dueled AZ.

Spin it any way that makes you happy. Murray had the better day statistically.

The fact is, it was the defense that won that game by stopping them cold on a couple "and short" situations.
While I agree the defense had a stop at the end of the game. The reality is the defense played terrible for most of the game and if not for Tua and the offense keeping up with the Cardinals offense throughout the game. The Cardinals would have won in a blowout if not for the Dolphins offense. Because while the Dolphins defense made a few good plays, overall it was their worst game of the year until the Buffalo game.

Last edited:
Yeah, and they haven't done that other, which is why its funny that posters are being criticized for not just trusting the coaching staff when it comes to RBs by people who want to point out that they also haven't fixed the line. Doesn't make sense to give someone the benefit of the doubt because the reason one unit can't succeed is because they suck at another unit. Maybe they suck at both.

I don't give the team the benefit of the doubt regarding OL or RB.

Let me be clear - Flores has done good things with the defensive side of the ball, and with special teams, but I don't trust anything about what I've seen on the offensive side.
I don't trust his QB decisions where we've basically two years in a row played the guy it made the least sense to play at that point.
I don't trust the RB usage.
I don't trust the WR usage.
I don't trust the OL pairings.
I don't trust the OC picks.
I don't trust the roster decisions.
Ok, we've actually done a good job with the TE position.

I know enough about football to know the OL sucks and it impacts the running game. I also know enough to know that the guys we have in the RB room are marginal physical talents in the NFL.

What basis do we have to give us any indication that the team actually has any idea what they are doing at RB?

The ravens get an injury to the star running back and sign three veteran RB in a week. They just signed Lavarius Murray along with Bell and Freeman. I already know it a lot of people on this forum are going to say they’re washed up they suck that’s why they were cut that’s why they couldn’t get onto another team that’s all BS. The Dolphins are starting the season with a bunch of second string or third string running backs they’re not going to scare anybody and they’re only going to add to the pressure that Tua.will have by not having a solid running game. They already made a huge mistake passing on running backs in the first two rounds of the past two drafts.
Obviously, it’s my opinion but I think they are you making a huge mistake not taking a flyer on one of these veterans.
The more important question is why don’t we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick on one and draft our own?

The more important question is why don’t we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick on one and draft our own?
I think it's pretty obvious.

They place more importance on the positions they drafted, rather than RB.

We can agree or not, personally I do, but it's not some mystery.

You don't add a high dollar guy until you know your line is better at run blocking? They don't spend money on a RB that they aren't 100% sure will buy into the "Flores" way?

Just my opinion.

So many experts on this website. It is mind blowing how ALL of them are correct on everything. Can't wait til we go 14 and 2 dethrone the Bills this year like most of them have predicted. This team needs absolutely nothing. We are going to win the Superbowl.

Now there is one of the most profound statements made in the last six months to 20 years. Truly sad a depressing that that concept and importance just seems to go over most of the Fan base in here.
Now the Media its understandable they don't know squat from their 2 mins a weekly film study of probably highlights. But was shocked to see so much of the Fan base in the same boat. Kind of difficult to express opinions when the reality isn't understood. ( And I'm not even saying I have better than average opinions but not blind to whats been going on with this OL and know basic Football 101 )
Hey Folks crap OL means more pressure and less success for any RB. Fix the line and then evaluate were Gaskin Achmed and friends are for whether you realize it (seems like Not) both vitally dependent on each other (VITALLY).

Just want to say IMO there is a slim possibility of a decent OL but from the way the staff evaluated and did anything worth doing about it likely means our OL is striving for mediocrity ( wow now there's a unusual situation ...NOT)

I'd have taken Murray over Ahmed and Brown. The Ravens however weren't going to let him go, they were desperate and getting into a bidding war for a 2nd string halfback isn't smart.

Dolphins - Team Cap Space: $1,991,849 OTC 2,162,959 Spotrac

Doubt were buying anyone else unless he's on the cheap 780k max

I agree that it would be inaccurate to say Tua out dueled Murray in that game. The Cardinals had to rely on the running and passing of Murray just to stay in that game. While the Dolphins had a more well rounded offensive attack in the game which relied on Tua just running the offense and utilizing the players around him.

They both played well in the game and both of them gave their team a chance to win and didn’t really do anything to cause their team to lose the game. That is really all you can expect from the QB and why it’s up to the other players on the team to do their jobs properly when they are on the field if they expect their TEAM to win the game.
Actually this is not true at all. They were winning going into the 4th. They outgained us by 40 yards passing and 100+ on the ground. We scored a defensive TD and that was the difference. You guys act as if he was lighting up the sky or something. It was his best game and it was nice.

Maybe it wasn't the game of the century, but I don't see how Murray could be construed as outdueling Tua, seeing as when he had a chance to win the game for his team he didn't get it done.

Ohh, I remember, fantasy football stats. Right. Not whether or not players produced for their team AND actually converted production into wins when the opportunity was there.
Please stop. Yes, we won and it was great. Don't act like you think he outplayed Murray in any way. He played a very nice game. Good QBs run those numbers every week!

Back
Top Bottom