Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

That’s apples and oranges .... they are 2 very different players ...Pitts is a diverse match up nightmare.... his catch radius is awesome and he is being called one of the best ever TE prospects... he is not a traditional TE, he is a player that can redefine the position as a pass catcher... we could get Pitts and draft another WR in the second... or if Smith or Waddle fall we could trade up

That’s apples and oranges .... they are 2 very different players ...Pitts is a diverse match up nightmare.... his catch radius is awesome and he is being called one of the best ever TE prospects... he is not a traditional TE, he is a player that can redefine the position as a pass catcher... we could get Pitts and draft another WR in the second... or if Smith or Waddle fall we could trade up
Why hasn’t he dominated in College then if he is so great?

Also Miami still has capital to spend to move back up if they wanna get smith chase or waddle...if Pitts is there at 6 and they pass he won't be there at 8

Why hasn’t he dominated in College then if he is so great?
I’m a big fan of Smith. In fact, he’s my clear #1 target. But this is a weak argument. You’re asking why a TE didn’t put up similar numbers to a Heisman winning WR? There have been many great players in the NFL that didn’t “dominate” in college the way that you’re looking at it

I’m a big fan of Smith. In fact, he’s my clear #1 target. But this is a weak argument. You’re asking why a TE didn’t put up similar numbers to a Heisman winning WR? There have been many great players in the NFL that didn’t “dominate” in college the way that you’re looking at it
Everyone says Pitts can play WR. In fact he was split wide and played WR a lot.

Comparing the stats of two players in different positions, for different programs is very much appeal to oranges. It’s not where the debate should begin or end.
The draft is all about who the better prospect will be.
there are very few red flags on Pitts while for Smith his weight and frame are a big concern. You don’t often see 160 pound WRs dominating the league.

Back
Top Bottom