Wide Receiver Fits | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Receiver Fits

If he comes in and weighs 190lbs, and runs a 4.3 then I have no issue with him. If he comes in at 170lbs no matter how fast he is I am not a fan.

I have seen what he does, and you gotta love it, but he wont do all that in the NFL and he's going to take hits. I'm not a fan if he comes in under 180lbs.
So if you're dead set against Atwell at 5'9" 170, then you'd have to be near suicidal if Miami were to take Smith at 6'(1") 170.

So if you're dead set against Atwell at 5'9" 170, then you'd have to be near suicidal if Miami were to take Smith at 6'(1") 170.
I am not a fan of Smith's 175lbs...personally I think he's actually under that. I like what Smith does, like it a lot, but I don't believe he's 6'1, or that he's 175lbs.

If Atwell comes in at 5'9", and 185lbs, then sign me up. I love what he does, but he's going to need to make a living in the middle and I want him playing 16 games a year.

I don't know if Robinson is a 1st rounder, but he was definitely made for the nickel role in Alabama's defense that Minkah Fitzpatrick played but Minkah had that spot sewed up. And he couldn't beat out Levi Wallace or Anthony Averett at either of the starting CB spots. I think he would have eventually beat out Tony Brown, but he got hurt in the spring game his sophomore year and that was the last anybody seen of him until he turned up at UCF a year later. He essentially played that nickel role there that I just said he was made for. He's very physical early in routes and likes to get his hands on the receiver. He's like an old school bump&run corner. I think he's grown up and matured a lot since his Bama days.

He's a top 8-10 corner in the draft.

We’ll probably end up picking up two WRs in FA and don’t pick a WR in the first two rounds of the draft ....

I don't know if Robinson is a 1st rounder, but he was definitely made for the nickel role in Alabama's defense that Minkah Fitzpatrick played but Minkah had that spot sewed up. And he couldn't beat out Levi Wallace or Anthony Averett at either of the starting CB spots. I think he would have eventually beat out Tony Brown, but he got hurt in the spring game his sophomore year and that was the last anybody seen of him until he turned up at UCF a year later. He essentially played that nickel role there that I just said he was made for. He's very physical early in routes and likes to get his hands on the receiver. He's like an old school bump&run corner. I think he's grown up and matured a lot since his Bama days.

Could be an intruiging upgrade on Needham for us. After the Bills game, I not convinced the FO are full in on bringing him back and that will create a big hole for us. Robinson seems like he could be the perfect fit, 2nd round is probably where the wise money is on his projection, in my educated view anyway.

Needham has outplayed his draft status, but that's one area I'd look to upgrade. Maybe a safety/slot combo type.

Tyreek Hill is great at 185# but would be horrid if he weighed 175# :rolleyes:

If surtain is there at 18 do we take him?
Wow, that's a great question. I wonder if Surtain could play safety, at least early in his career, or in the slot. A secondary with Jones, Howard and Surtain sure sounds fantastic.

I would say a team has to be flexible if talent drops. I think you take him and count your blessings.

I like Elijah Molden in that role.
Definitely. I wonder if he's there early 2nd round? Mocks now have him going really high.

My hope is Miami can add another 2nd rounder in a trade down, because I really think the team could add another starter.

Back
Top Bottom