Wide reciever options | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide reciever options

Would be a dumb move.

Stay put. This past draft was all about reinforcing the trenches building inside out, securing the foundation. How easy people forget that. We’re not going anywhere this year. They will draft playmakers next draft.

All those picks in next yrs Draft? Phins better start loading up on playmakers beit WR, WR or WR. And maybe a LB or 2. I will say no more. Message ends.....

with Parker out for a couple of weeks......our WR's are Williams, Ford and a few gadget players(Grant,Perry and Bowden) I'd rather see Bowden and Perry than Grant but right now he's the only speed we have on the outside.

Now being able to keep the safeties back will make it harder for us to run the football and against that Buffalo defense it could get ugly very early.

Btw, I know we al want to see Tua in there but the lack of weapons really worry me. You can't just throw every WR open every time.
I thought Grant played ok for what it’s worth. He’s limited w his height and small hands but he still stops and starts faster than anyone. Get that kid in space!

I do not have confidence that our receivers are the right skill sets for Tuas quick strike timing even though I was high on Parker and Williams

We’ve never built from the inside out, and now we finally are. So there’s that
Except for the time they had no one at QB, drafted a LT with the 1st overall and drafted their "future" at QB in the 2nd... If thats not building inside out, what is? And that ended well...

Except for the time they had no one at QB, drafted a LT with the 1st overall and drafted their "future" at QB in the 2nd... If thats not building inside out, what is? And that ended well...

We did go from one win to 11 in one year, so there's that. The QB they saddled that team with just ended up being awful. And Sparano really enjoyed deconstructing his line every year to let it gradually get worse.

You can win without big play wide receivers, you've just gotta play like it. I'm not that worried about our receiving corps, we just weren't running plays yesterday that were the strength of the offense with Parker out and Williams barely able to keep his feet. We'll run a more complete offense this week.
So basically you are stating that because Parker was injured and Williams was not effective, the Dolphins didn’t have an offensive game plan to be able to deal with these issues. If that s true they need to fire the coaching staff immediately.
The fact is Parker was dealing with a hamstring injury all week before the game. Williams has been limited in practice throughout camp because he is coming off a major leg injury. So the coaches should have implemented a game plan which factored in the possibility Parker would likely be limited because of his hamstring issue and Williams would likely need time to get back to where he was before his injury.

I have no idea what you mean by running a more complete offense next week. Parker will likely miss the game and Williams will still be trying to get back to where he was before the injury. Otherwise Fitzpatrick will be the QB and the same players who played yesterday will be playing offense against the Bills. So I have no idea why the offense will be more complete against the Bills than it was against the Patriots.

Last edited:

Well, how long ago was that? Parcells regime. If I recall, we just took a QB with our first overall pick. And then went to work on the trenches. So here we are now

Back
Top Bottom