Wide reciever options | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide reciever options

We should have taken a receiver instead of another cb with the last pick of the first round this year. Next year all of our picks will probably be used to take more DBs.

I think its just conjecture. Honestly, I might feel better knowing Parker was out. You push on a hamstring it just doesn't heal, and we already know that happens with Parker.
I've been battling a right hamstring for a decade. They really take there sweet time to heal. At least for older marathon runners. :) Glad I never have to sprint.

So basically you are stating that because Parker was injured and Williams was not effective, the Dolphins didn’t have an offensive game plan to be able to deal with these issues. If that s true they need to fire the coaching staff immediately.
The fact is Parker was dealing with a hamstring injury all week before the game. Williams has been limited in practice throughout camp because he is coming off a major leg injury. So the coaches should have implemented a game plan which factored in the possibility Parker would likely be limited because of his hamstring issue and Williams would likely need time to get back to where he was before his injury.

I have no idea what you mean by running a more complete offense next week. Parker will likely miss the game and Williams will still be trying to get back to where he was before the injury. Otherwise Fitzpatrick will be the QB and the same players who played yesterday will be playing offense against the Bills. So I have no idea why the offense will be more complete against the Bills than it was against the Patriots.

Coaches aren't "fired immediately" if their gameplan doesn't work. That's not how it works. They do their best to pick a selection of plays revolving around how they want to attack the other team strategically. They obviously opted with a downfield passing attack which worked last year, and so many armchair QB's here would have acted like it was a fireable offense if we didn't.

It's week one. This team hasn't forged an identity and the turnover from last year is probably higher than any other in the league.

Except he's been trotted out for years now and hasn't done a thing. He was out there yesterday after Parker went out. He played over Ford who was sticking to the slot. Did you seen Grant? He made one play and was the intended target on Fitz's misread interception.
Yeah saw him beat Gilmore quick on a go route. Fitz didn't look his way. I never said he was the best wr on the team.. if teams are going to press up he is the only option for quick wins.

Yeah saw him beat Gilmore quick on a go route. Fitz didn't look his way. I never said he was the best wr on the team.. if teams are going to press up he is the only option for quick wins.

Problem with Grant running the go route is that as the smallest player on the field he's probably hard to even see. Plus he may not have the body control to real in a deep pass against coverage.

Grant has had the benefit of playing with RT, Moore, Cutler, Osweiler, and Fitz, and none of these guys have ever had chemistry with Jakeem on the actual field.

Problem with Grant running the go route is that as the smallest player on the field he's probably hard to even see. Plus he may not have the body control to real in a deep pass against coverage.

Grant has had the benefit of playing with RT, Moore, Cutler, Osweiler, and Fitz, and none of these guys have ever had chemistry with Jakeem on the actual field.
I agree... yet he has the abilities to beat press who else? Preston? Sure but he won't pull away from anyone.. even if Grant is just a decoy the offense is in need of a stretching.

agree, but he needs to be used on crosses, slants, end- arounds to utilize the speed.

I agree... yet he has the abilities to beat press who else? Preston? Sure but he won't pull away from anyone.. even if Grant is just a decoy the offense is in need of a stretching.

To be a decoy the defense has to be worried about you. Grant has given no defense anything to be worried about.

To be a decoy the defense has to be worried about you. Grant has given no defense anything to be worried about.
Agree to disagree.. any D cord watching the all 22 will notice the kid on the field

Back
Top Bottom