Wide reciever options | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide reciever options

Time for Isaiah Ford to step up. He's a lot better than most Dolphin fans realize.
I think I realize what he is.
Smart, good route runner, decent hands, average speed, little ability to break tackles, or make ppl miss.

Possession reciever.

Nothing wrong with that, but he isn't the type to dominate anyone, or take over a game.

Am I wrong?

And I think most Dolphins fans overrate Ford's ability as a receiver

I think Ford has a great ability to move the chains but when the QB is trying to make up a two score deficit in one throw then Ford isn't that guy. When Fitz stops trying to get 20 yards on every throw and gets it to the guy who gets 8-10 every once in a while, Ford will be fine. Thats just not what Fitz likes to do.

OK, but you did give specific examples, that were questionable points, IMO.

The guy did more, with less last year, than anyone could have realistically expected.

Now, after 1 game, against arguably the best coach in history and a perennial playoff team and contender, with a "virtual" offseason and no preseason games, with probably the most turnover of any nonexpansion team in history, including 10 rookies, you are putting Flo on the hot seat?

I can only assume you were against the hire from the start, or have very unrealistic expectations, or both.

I know the past 2 decades have been disappointing, and really abject failure, but that history has nothing to do with coach Flores.

Going back to last year
He had whatever OL together for pre-season to gel then we aquired 2 new ones the week before 1st game and installs them right into starting line messing up the gel

He takes a somewhat successful slot CB and refuses to try a 1st round pick in a position of need for which he was drafted and puts the CB at FS a position he never played

Had a playmaking career 5 ypc RB available yet he keeps him on the bench for a guy that was awful
Then tries another after the 1st failure by passing the productive back

Rosen clearly outplayed Fitz in pre-season yet he puts 37 year old in instead of 1st round pick with some potential

Now the example given this year

Not a great track record IMO

Allen Robinson want out of Chicago. We have to get him
He would be a great assert.

They're going to want a 1st for him, which is a pass but If they're crazy enough to trade a 3rd for him then pull the plug, AROB is a top 8 wr arguably top 5.

Pass on allen robinson

he doesnt separate either

just have to make due with what we have and hope Preston works out his kinks in his game

Somebody must of hacked Hoops account cause that a weak take on one of the best wr's in the game, and Hoops is normally spot on in his assessments.

Somebody must of hacked Hoops account cause that a weak take on one of the best wr's in the game, and Hoops is normally spot on in his assessments.

I should probably explain this. I think he’s dvp game wise without the same ability to climb the ladder at the same clip. Maybe a little more refined route runner. More fluid than separation which is a lot like Dvp.

but Miamis not even playing the qb it can win with you and I both know they aren’t gonna meet his contract demands in trade. They are gonna wait out Preston for this year at least and then pending how that looks potentially reassess.

you and I also both know Nagy schemes his guys open an awful lot but id agree that he’s an exception. Miamis just not gonna pay him top 5 money with dvp making dirt and Preston less than one year off an acl. So it’s pretty pointless

Last edited:
I should probably explain this. I think he’s dvp game wise without the same ability to climb the ladder at the same clip. Maybe a little more refined route runner. More fluid than separation which is a lot like Dvp.

but Miamis not even playing the qb it can win with you and I both know they aren’t gonna meet his contract demands in trade. They are gonna wait out Preston for this year at least and then pending how that looks potentially reassess.

you and I also both know Nagy schemes his guys open an awful lot but id agree that he’s an exception. Miamis just not gonna pay him top 5 money with dvp making dirt and Preston less than one year off an acl. So it’s pretty pointless

Yea he's DVP with less vertical speed but despite his 4.6 to 4.5 speed his suddenness, explosiveness in his release combined with ability to stack vertically allows him to produce explosive plays. His Ankle and Hip flexibility is top notch, better route runner than DVP is some aspects, I think he gets more separation off coverage than DVP he knows how to flip a DB's hips. His catch radius and ability to win at the catch point is top notch which is a godsend for late inaccurate Qbs , I was hoping Preston could be a poor mans AROB because of his short area quickness but Preston ability to win at the catch point is weak compared to AROB. If Flores insist on Fitz being the starter, I guy like him would offset a lot of his flaws

This is a gold, gives you insight just how technical the wr position is

Yea he's DVP with less vertical speed but despite his 4.6 to 4.5 speed his suddenness, explosiveness in his release combined with ability to stack vertically allows him to produce explosive plays. His Ankle and Hip flexibility is top notch, better route runner than DVP is some aspects, I think he gets more separation off coverage than DVP he knows how to flip a DB's hips. His catch radius and ability to win at the catch point is top notch which is a godsend for late inaccurate Qbs , I was hoping Preston could be a poor mans AROB because of his short area quickness but Preston ability to win at the catch point is weak compared to AROB. If Flores insist on Fitz being the starter, I guy like him would offset a lot of his flaws

This is a gold, gives you insight just how technical the wr position is

ok I underestimated that separation that’s for damn sure. Thanks for setting me straight

Back
Top Bottom