Wide reciever options | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide reciever options

So basically you are stating that because Parker was injured and Williams was not effective, the Dolphins didn’t have an offensive game plan to be able to deal with these issues. If that s true they need to fire the coaching staff immediately.
The fact is Parker was dealing with a hamstring injury all week before the game. Williams has been limited in practice throughout camp because he is coming off a major leg injury. So the coaches should have implemented a game plan which factored in the possibility Parker would likely be limited because of his hamstring issue and Williams would likely need time to get back to where he was before his injury.

I have no idea what you mean by running a more complete offense next week. Parker will likely miss the game and Williams will still be trying to get back to where he was before the injury. Otherwise Fitzpatrick will be the QB and the same players who played yesterday will be playing offense against the Bills. So I have no idea why the offense will be more complete against the Bills than it was against the Patriots.
It's not about 'game plan', it's having the talent to win matchups and outside of Parker and Williams, at 100%, they cant win.

I do not want to burn a draft pick and trade for a wr. next years WR class is explosive, and would rather keep the picks till then. Give the young ones a crack this year.

Jakeem was getting separation...made a few nice plays.

Ok I’ll do it, how about Allen Robinson. Rumors are swirling he wants to be traded, any interest? Me, I’m not sure I guess everything depends on the price. We’re not built to win now so the biggest question is do you want him as part the future or would you rather draft guys? If there no place for him beyond 2020 than forget it.

Best option now is to wait till next April and actually draft some play makers for a change. Too bad they decided not to draft any this past draft.

They didn't have enough picks apparently as they wanted to spend them on the OLine early....which sounds weird as I type it because they had a ton of picks.

I fully expect them to grab a few WRs early next season, basically flip the script of Olinemen this year to WRs next year. The only reason to trade an early pick this year for a WR would be that you say that the WR you are getting is as good or better than what you see coming up in the draft plus the added incentive that this guy you trade for is already NFL experienced. Unfortunately, the negative with that is of course that he will cost more contractually...and is older.

They didn't have enough picks apparently as they wanted to spend them on the OLine early....which sounds weird as I type it because they had a ton of picks.

I fully expect them to grab a few WRs early next season, basically flip the script of Olinemen this year to WRs next year. The only reason to trade an early pick this year for a WR would be that you say that the WR you are getting is as good or better than what you see coming up in the draft plus the added incentive that this guy you trade for is already NFL experienced. Unfortunately, the negative with that is of course that he will cost more contractually...and is older.
It makes no sense at all to trade a high pick now for a veteran WR.......what you want is young WR's that could grow together with Tua. That is why I really wanted them to draft at least one. WR's take a year or two in order to get going so waiting till the 2021 draft is already a mistake as you're slowing down the progress of Tua and his receivers. This is a year where they could have been working together already and then in 2021 when Tua is the starter from day one he'd already have a WR that he's been with for a full year.

It makes no sense at all to trade a high pick now for a veteran WR.......what you want is young WR's that could grow together with Tua. That is why I really wanted them to draft at least one. WR's take a year or two in order to get going so waiting till the 2021 draft is already a mistake as you're slowing down the progress of Tua and his receivers. This is a year where they could have been working together already and then in 2021 when Tua is the starter from day one he'd already have a WR that he's been with for a full year.

You know what? I really think had Jeudy slipped past the Broncos he was ours....maybe not though Grier most likely would've gone in another direction, but during the draft I was rooting for it to happen. Then Elway happened and that was that. I know Jeudy had the drops last night but having those two together again I thought would've been ideal.

You know what? I really think had Jeudy slipped past the Broncos he was ours....maybe not though Grier most likely would've gone in another direction, but during the draft I was rooting for it to happen. Then Elway happened and that was that. I know Jeudy had the drops last night but having those two together again I thought would've been ideal.
I was hoping Lamb would be there but tbh, I don't think Grier was going to draft a WR. I think his mind was made up before the draft. We had more than enough picks to move up for play makers and we never did.

Ok I’ll do it, how about Allen Robinson. Rumors are swirling he wants to be traded, any interest? Me, I’m not sure I guess everything depends on the price. We’re not built to win now so the biggest question is do you want him as part the future or would you rather draft guys? If there no place for him beyond 2020 than forget it.

Robinson is a good receiver in the mold of Parker and Williams who we have already. If he's not on the downswing in his career he is certainly right at the peak and gonna be on the downswing. And despite him being ticked off the Bears aren't gonna get rid of him. Trubisky is a wild card but the Bears have enough talent to make a playoff run if they get a shade better play from QB and can have the head coach figure out how to get a running game which he forgot last year. They aren't gonna trade him.

Pass too much of the same of what he have in Parker and Preston

We need to do to WR next year what we did with online this year...sign two starters, draft two starters. Our 4 WR set should be all new players...these current guys are hot garbage.

Allen Robinson want out of Chicago. We have to get him
He would be a great assert.

Back
Top Bottom