Wilfork for a 2nd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilfork for a 2nd?

umm...correct me if im wrong, but isnt wilfork a free agent? and i dont think he will get tagged cause the patriots are cheap and i dont think they will commit that kind of money to a NT. why dont we just sign him?

umm...correct me if im wrong, but isnt wilfork a free agent? and i dont think he will get tagged cause the patriots are cheap and i dont think they will commit that kind of money to a NT. why dont we just sign him?

No way they let him walk, think bout it, 7 to 8 million dollars for a 1st and 2nd or 3rd.

Could we possibly snag Wilfork from the pats for a 2nd rd pick? Most would say no but I think we could. The pats have shown no interest in locking up some of their high priced free agents long term (Asante Samuel, is young and one of the best) and they let him walk. They love to stock pile draft picks, last year they traded Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd rd pick... Most said they could have gotten a 1st rd pick but they instead liked the 2nd rd because they didn't haver to shell out as much money for the player. Wilfork is still young for the position and has stated that he wouldn't mind playing in Miami, where or course he played ball before. He would be a monster in the middle of our defense, they key piece to running the 3-4. Why spend a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a young nt when he isn't proven, Wilfork is and imo he could be had for as little as a 2nd rd, the only obstacle would be if the pats would be willing to trade him within the division. Sign Karlos Dansby, trade for Wilfork and Boldin.... Hmm... Sounds like just the pieces we would need to get over that hump. Not to mention we would still be left with a 1st rd pick which we could use either on Dez Bryant if available or trade down a little bit and try to pick up a 3rd that we would use on Boldin to grab a young OLB (maybe Pierre-paul or Graham). This would be a dream scenario IMO, what do you think?

he will not be traded to the AFC East, perhaps not even the AFC

yea the pats arnt going to give us Vince Wilfork for a second round pick that would be stupid i dont think they are as stupid as we were when we traded them Welker

lol i would in a heartbeat.. Maybe he will ***** his way out and sign as a FA

Division rivals do not normally trade with each other. For Miami to trade with N.E. would require a lopsided deal in favor of the Pats and that is NOT going to happen. The two teams do not want to help each other.

Back
Top Bottom