Wilfork for a 2nd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilfork for a 2nd?

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Could we possibly snag Wilfork from the pats for a 2nd rd pick? Most would say no but I think we could. The pats have shown no interest in locking up some of their high priced free agents long term (Asante Samuel, is young and one of the best) and they let him walk. They love to stock pile draft picks, last year they traded Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd rd pick... Most said they could have gotten a 1st rd pick but they instead liked the 2nd rd because they didn't haver to shell out as much money for the player. Wilfork is still young for the position and has stated that he wouldn't mind playing in Miami, where or course he played ball before. He would be a monster in the middle of our defense, they key piece to running the 3-4. Why spend a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a young nt when he isn't proven, Wilfork is and imo he could be had for as little as a 2nd rd, the only obstacle would be if the pats would be willing to trade him within the division. Sign Karlos Dansby, trade for Wilfork and Boldin.... Hmm... Sounds like just the pieces we would need to get over that hump. Not to mention we would still be left with a 1st rd pick which we could use either on Dez Bryant if available or trade down a little bit and try to pick up a 3rd that we would use on Boldin to grab a young OLB (maybe Pierre-paul or Graham). This would be a dream scenario IMO, what do you think?

Could we possibly snag Wilfork from the pats for a 2nd rd pick? Most would say no but I think we could. The pats have shown no interest in locking up some of their high priced free agents long term (Asante Samuel, is young and one of the best) and they let him walk. They love to stock pile draft picks, last year they traded Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd rd pick... Most said they could have gotten a 1st rd pick but they instead liked the 2nd rd because they didn't haver to shell out as much money for the player. Wilfork is still young for the position and has stated that he wouldn't mind playing in Miami, where or course he played ball before. He would be a monster in the middle of our defense, they key piece to running the 3-4. Why spend a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a young nt when he isn't proven, Wilfork is and imo he could be had for as little as a 2nd rd, the only obstacle would be if the pats would be willing to trade him within the division. Sign Karlos Dansby, trade for Wilfork and Boldin.... Hmm... Sounds like just the pieces we would need to get over that hump. Not to mention we would still be left with a 1st rd pick which we could use either on Dez Bryant if available or trade down a little bit and try to pick up a 3rd that we would use on Boldin to grab a young OLB (maybe Pierre-paul or Graham). This would be a dream scenario IMO, what do you think?
Depending on combine and pro day, but those two might not be available for us even with our 12th! So maybe look for other 3 rd options at OLB...
But your plan, while expensive as hell (Dansby and Wlfork would require big $), sounds ideal... Maybe Myron Rolle FS or a TE (Pitta, Dickson)with our 4th, and bring em on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do it in a heartbeat. I would love to have Wilfork in the middle.

We could get a good NT with the 2nd round pick and not hand a high draft pick to the Patriots. I'd rather draft Cody in the 2nd and put his *** through the wringer.

Cody is only good for blocking punts & FGs....he cant move well consistantly,and is super inconsistant with weight and has huge durability concerns already....whats it gonna be like when he works out in Miami,let alone play 8 games in it...

No,no,no....gimmie Cam Thomas....much more of a safer pick....

We could get a good NT with the 2nd round pick and not hand a high draft pick to the Patriots. I'd rather draft Cody in the 2nd and put his *** through the wringer.
:bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole::bobdole:

The best NT in the league, for a 2nd. what if the 2nd rounder is a bust? well then we just took the best player off our rivals defense and they got a bust. our FO would do this IMMEDIATELY no questions asked if it was avalibke

Are you serious!?!?! Wilfork for a second is the stupidest things the dolphins could do. Hes a 300 pound man playin a position that the average career span is probably liek 5 years before knees start giving out. lol you people are crazy why would you give our division rivals another 2nd round pick they already have 3 are you kidding me? And hes not the best NT i love him but what did you forget casey hampton, Kevin Williams, or even the DT from Dallas

We took Pat White in the 2nd and look how that turned out....giving up a 2nd rounder for Wilfork would be the biggest steal ever. It would even things up for them stealing Welker from us. I'll drive to Boston and drive him down to Miami on my dime to get him in a Phin's uniform.

Are you serious!?!?! Wilfork for a second is the stupidest things the dolphins could do. Hes a 300 pound man playin a position that the average career span is probably liek 5 years before knees start giving out. lol you people are crazy why would you give our division rivals another 2nd round pick they already have 3 are you kidding me? And hes not the best NT i love him but what did you forget casey hampton, Kevin Williams, or even the DT from Dallas

It's kind of weird how some of these posts go from wrong to clinically insane.

Wilfork is much better - at this point - than Hampton, and he's always been better than Ratliff. And, Kevin Williams isn't a NT.

NT's last 5 years? Hmm.... I've seen some of the oldest players in the league other than K's and Punter's be NT's or DT's... Wilfork is still relatively young and just like some of the others have been saying, getting Wilfork and Boldin for 2nd and 3rd rd picks is an absolute steal, well wait, lets just select another pat white and and patrick turner with those picks.

wilfork is getting tagged..doesn't matter if he likes it or not...and no pro football player despite all the hustle and bustle about how i won't play for the tag money is gonna turn down an around $7 mil guaranteed 1 year deal...

he may come to camp late etc...but wilfork if he gets tagged will be in new england for the season opener...

you guys think they're gonna depend on that scrub pick last year ron brace on the nose??? not happening...

time to forget the wilfork in aqua and orange dreams...

Back
Top Bottom