Wilfork is a better DT than Carey is a G..sigh, net loss | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilfork is a better DT than Carey is a G..sigh, net loss

erralyn said:
Something about the way the Fins have drafted this year and the last year has flat out infuriated me like nothing else. Wannstedt had that talent, and Spielman has inherited in, in their propensity to throw away the team's future like they do and overpay for talent.

:lolcry:

You can depart from this bandwagon at any time .....

But I guess that you love be grouped with the few other Dolphin fan chronic B!TCHERS that troll this site ....

:shakeno:

Marino1983

erralyn said:
I can compare the two and I will. This first round was a disaster for the Dolphins. Instead of drafting down and getting Carey, not only did we draft up ONE SPOT to get him, the Patriots more than nullified our acquisition by garnering a player who will dominate Carey every time they meet.

Jason Cole says Dallas was also interested. And you don't think that New England wouldn't sacrifice a spare 4th round pick in order to prevent Miami from getting the ONLY RT relief left in sight for the next YEAR?? Not only would they strengthen themselves, but they'd be severely weakening Miami.

When put in this position (the last remaining hope in sight), you have no choice but to go for the gold. Whether NE was bluffing or not, Miami could not afford to take the chance that they....or Dallas...weren't. And as it turns out, Miami got a 4th rounder back anyway and picked up a 5th.

Finally, I think it needs to be said that....in addition to shifting inside to guard....Vernon Carey played injured all year. He gutted it out on two bad ankles and a torn miniscus. Plus, how often does a NT and a RT go head to head?? It happens every game. But certainly nowhere near every down.

When given the choice between Vernon Carey and Vince Wilfork, the choice is a no-brainer IMO.

Jeez...

I'm as negative as anyone else...but even I like the pick of Carey...

these arguments about how he doesn't match up against Wilfork are just ludicrous...

We had a hole on the offensive line, not at DT,...

heck if you want to make that argument, why not ***** about us not trading up for Vilma... :rolleyes:

Look, I like Wilfork as a player and I think New England might have gotten a good player, but you are doing yourself and the team a disservice by putting so much into a comparison that doesn't fly or apply.

We filled a hole, New England is going to do what they are going to do...you just can't pay much attention to that...

If it makes you feel any better, although I doubt it will, I think the Patriots wasted their other picks and that includes the trade for a used up Corey Dillon.

This is from the Herald:
General manager Rick Spielman said his goal of the day was to "get as many football players in as we can," but that was temporarily forgotten when the New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys set their sights on the University of Miami standout while Minnesota was on the clock.
I think so far we addressed our biggest need with a tough player from a good college program, and he was one of three guys we had targeted there. Good pick.

Back
Top Bottom