Wilkerson tid bit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilkerson tid bit

girthvader44

Starter
Reaction score
Former LSU center Ben Wilkerson, the co-winner of the Rinington Award given to the nations top collegiate center, signed as an undrafted free agent with the Bengals. Wilkerson was once viewed as the top center prospect in college and a potential first-round pick, but he suffered a torn patella tendon in his left knee last season, and the injury scared teams away

The Bengals continue to distance themselves from laughing-stock status, and this is an absolutely great pickup for them. Incumbent center Rich Breem might be back for one more year, his 12th, and Wilkerson's only other competition would be fellow rookie Eric Ghiaciuc, selected in the fourth round out of Central Michigan. Wilkerson's agent estimates his client is still a few weeks away from being 100 percent, but he reportedly turned down significant bonus opportunities with other teams because he believes he has a chance to play with the Bengals right away.

Thought it was interesting from Fanball.com

I was hoping he was coming ot Miami. He could play right away here too...probably sooner than Cincy...

There has to me more to it when the guy who knows him best (Saban) didnt pick him up. Who knows, maybe he has character issues he doesnt like that we havent heard of.

true, McKinney might only be back for the one year and his only competition then would be Rex.

I think Saban must know something. I can't see him not pursuing one of his own players or one of his own players giving up the chance to play with his college coach.

There is little risk with UFA's because you don't give up a lot to get them... therefore there must be a reason why he isn't here.

Another Wilkerson thread gets moved, but "Where are you from" gets to stay in the main forum :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom